How could I register an NFC tag to transfer files from Android to PC?

A

AC Question

Long story short, I'm looking for a way to transfer files from my LG G3 to my Windows PC via NFC.

My current methods of transfer range from email for documents, Bluetooth for picture files and the likes of Wifi transfer such as AirDroid for larger video files.
This method has been working fine, however I recently bought some NFC tags, with the idea of just testing their capabilities.

In an ideal world, I now hope to find a way to do the following:

Tap an NFC tag with my phone which will then automatically send any files or documents to my laptop. How this is done I don't really care. The Bluetooth functionality is always ON on the phone and the PC, and Wifi/ Data is always on.

I had an idea that I'd need to set up a folder on the phone, from which the NFC functionality would automatically send any document WITHIN that folder to the laptop. I'm happy for the NFC tag to be set up to do so via Bluetooth, Email or by any other means possible.

I don't really know where to begin with this venture, as so far I've only registered a tag to open Facebook (and even that was a test to make sure they worked).

Here are the details of the NFC tags I've bought, just as reference for capability/compatibility.

Original NXP NTAG203 chips. - NDEF type 2

1152 bit / 144 bytes of user memory with unique 7 byte serial
137 characters available with NDEF formatting
Protocol: ISO 14443 A
Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
Antenna size: 26mm
Die-cut diameter: 30mm
Re-writeable multiple times and can be locked when required
PVC Printed

Would greatly appreciate any tips/ideas/thoughts/walk-throughs you guys can offer!

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I'm not sure a tag can do this alone. You might need an automation app like Tasker to help it. However, if you do need to include Tasker, there would then be no need for the NFC tag for this purpose.

I have heard of some people using NFC tags to set up a 'Home' and say for example 'Work' set up. as they enter/leave the house they tap the tag and it changes certain settings, like wifi on/off, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084