MM update for D851?

kvndoom

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi all! Just got my D851 yesterday... it will be my eventual replacement for my Blackberry Classic, as soon as I get it set up. I got it brand new, with KitKat installed.

I read that the Marshmallow update is available for this phone through LG PC Suite, but I kept getting an error when I tried to update that way. The phone is in the correct mode and is detected by the program. I can't remember the wording of the error though.

Do I need to have a T-Mobile SIM in the phone for the update to work? Not at home right now so I can't try. I'm on cricket, but my fiancee and her daughter are still using T-Mobile. So I do have access to a SIM card.

Anyway, looking forward to this shiny newness, and chatting with fellow owners. thanks!

kvndoom

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same phone... Wait for the over the air update. Will be out in a week.
Ok I will try again in a few days. I had been reading up on the difficulties folks were having getting updates with phones that weren't black, and I'm still a little worried (I bought the gold colored one). Hopefully I will still get the update. Thanks!

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok I will try again in a few days. I had been reading up on the difficulties folks were having getting updates with phones that weren't black, and I'm still a little worried (I bought the gold colored one). Hopefully I will still get the update. Thanks!

I highly doubt the color has anything to do with it

kvndoom

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Heh, do a CTRL-F and search for "white" on the link below. I know it was for the Lollipop update, but it was discouraging. I spent over 3 hours last week trying to find solutions for the error I was getting and everywhere I read led to the same conclusion. Strange but true! :)

Lollipop update available for T-Mobile LG G3 through LG's mobile support tool | Android Central
To be honest with you I am excited about the upcoming update but not rushing to upgrade yet until the update is available on OTA.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I use the LGMobile Support tool on my pc. Downloads faster. Have used it for the last two Android updates.

google it ' LGMobile Support tool '

healthylaff

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
3rd worst mistake of my life... (don't ask)

LG G3 D851 was working just fine until I "upgraded" to 6.0 Marshmallow.

Phone calls are terminated quickly and often don't work at all.

It ruined my battery from boot looping and I did a hard reset and it worked ok on AC power.

Slowly installed more apps, finally getting a new battery. Things seemed ok, then today the same phone call problems and freezing was back again!

Occurred after updating eBay app, but have no idea if that was the culprit, because I have all apps set to update automatically on WiFi.

Did the Google Voice trick (remove app from phone and remove real number from GV list on PC), but 'unable to complete phone call problem' is back on GV or the T-Mobile network.

Super frustrated and angry. Nice effing "update!"

Any known app conflicts on D851 running Marshmallow??

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You posted:
I did a hard reset and it worked ok on AC power.

So the phone problems began after that as you began installing apps ?
I recall, that after I had done a factory reset, I allowed the phone plenty of time to get itself updated before adding in apps. I had done two different types of backup, an LG & a Google, they restored and did not cause any other problems.

You could try another factory reset, and carefully add apps back in and watch for any that create problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888