LG G3: Why do my incoming emails show up blank / content disappears ?

A

AC Question

I've had this reoccurring problem where emails show up with only the header info, but the body content of the email is blank.

I'm running Android 4.4.2, Kernel v. 3.4.0, build # KVT49L D85110r on an LG G3.

I thought maybe it's a system memory issue, but it happens even when I don't have a lot of apps open.

This is a 32gb model phone with 9.3 gb available. There is a 128gb SD card installed and emails are being downloaded to the card. There are 116gb storage available on the card.

Apps are taking up 88.4 gb, Pictures/Videos 806mb, Audio 212kb, Downloads 20.2mb, and Cached Data 1.7gb.

I only have 2 email accounts on the phone....they are both AOL addresses.

I read somewhere previously that this can be fixed by deleting the offending account, and recreating it....and that then the empty emails would show up. This does work, but it seems to only be a temporary fix for me, as less than a day later it will happen again.

It's getting really old having to delete and reinstall my email account every day.

I thought maybe it had to do with the settings on the email account, like the update schedule...but making different selections doesn't seem to matter.

Obviously I've tried powering down and powering back up. That does not make the missing contents show up, nor does it seem to impact the frequency of the error occurring.

I'm at a loss for a permanent solution. PLEASE advise, thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome