LG G3 Firmware update help!

DannTS

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello. This is my first post here. I connected my g3 to LG pc suite for a software update. While my phone was upgrading, my laptop shut down. My phone is now saying firmware update, even when i shut it down and restart it. When i try to connect it to PC suite, it does not recognize my device. It cannot identify it. Please help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I'll contact the moderators and see if they can move your thread to the G3 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I am afraid that your phone is unbootable... the only way to fix it is manually download the most recent firmware and with the LG tool, then install the firmware to the phone. There is a guideline in how to do it in the XDA forum.

DannTS

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I am afraid that your phone is unbootable... the only way to fix it is manually download the most recent firmware and with the LG tool, then install the firmware to the phone. There is a guideline in how to do it in the XDA forum.

Thanks for your response. Could you provide me the link to that specific thread? I have the D855 (European) G3 btw. I was thinking this would be my last resort, as I have no experience with rooting/ flashing ROMs, etc. How difficult would you say this process is?

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Could you provide me the link to that specific thread? I have the D855 (European) G3 btw. I was thinking this would be my last resort, as I have no experience with rooting/ flashing ROMs, etc. How difficult would you say this process is?
It is not really difficult but you need to have patience and make sure you follow the guide step by step. Here is the link for the stock ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-lge-d855-android-marshmallow-ported-t3285025

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez