Why does my LG G3 auto connect to wifi?

A

AC Question

why my android m tmobile lg g3 always connects to wifi?

after updated my lg g3 to android m, lately i found that i can not turned wifi off, it always reconnected to wifi after i turned it off. Also, in my quick setting, i could not turn the wifi on, the button is not selected no matter how many time i tap it. in my setting > wifi screen, the wifi button is grayed out unlike the other buttons.

thank in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Right now, are you able to manually turn wi-fi on or off anywhere? You mentioned that you can't turn it on in Quick Settings, and it's grayed out in the Settings>Wi-fi menu. So how else have you been able to toggle it off or on?

tomtomtwo

May 14, 2016
Visit site
hi B. Diddy,
thanks for the reply. I can turn off the wifi in the setting panel, but when i went out of the screen and come back, it turned on again. the reason i want to turn it off is because I want to save battery power.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! But now the challenge is to figure out which app you installed is causing the problem. This can be tedious, because you essentially have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

tomtomtwo

May 14, 2016
Visit site
hi B. Diddy,
I am pretty sure that Roku app did this to my g3. i installed Roku again a few moment ago and after i open the app, i found that the nightmare happened again. All i have to do is to reboot my phone and uninstall the app.

thanks for point out that it was an app that cause this.

Last edited: