HELP! LG G3 stuck in brick and I can't change the build.prop, what can I do?

A

AC Question

HELP! LG G3 stuck in brick and I can't change the build.prop

I rooted my LG G3 not too long ago and changed the model number in build.prop to the Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) so that Snapchat would behave as it does on Galaxy. This went fine, but then when I started messing around with roms for xposed and trying to flash, I bricked it. Now when it boots it immediately shows and gets stuck on the [####] Fastboot Mode Started screen. I can get it into download mode and on the Firmware Update screen via my PC and I was going to flash the stock firmware onto my LG using LGFlashTool, except I just realized the model number is still stuck at SM-G920F! It still thinks its a galaxy so I can't flash any LG firmware onto it! PLUS because it's bricked I can't get into my phone to change the build.prop model back to D850. Can I change the build.prop from my PC? Could I try flashing the SM-G920F stock firmware onto it since that's what it thinks it is?

Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP! LG G3 stuck in brick and I can't change the build.prop

I rooted my LG G3 not too long ago and changed the model number in build.prop to the Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) so that Snapchat would behave as it does on Galaxy. This went fine, but then when I started messing around with roms for xposed and trying to flash, I bricked it. Now when it boots it immediately shows and gets stuck on the [####] Fastboot Mode Started screen. I can get it into download mode and on the Firmware Update screen via my PC and I was going to flash the stock firmware onto my LG using LGFlashTool, except I just realized the model number is still stuck at SM-G920F! It still thinks its a galaxy so I can't flash any LG firmware onto it! PLUS because it's bricked I can't get into my phone to change the build.prop model back to D850. Can I change the build.prop from my PC? Could I try flashing the SM-G920F stock firmware onto it since that's what it thinks it is?

Thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

You build.prop shouldn't matter if you are using LG Flash tools. What kind of error are you getting when you try to flash the new ROM? Are you able to get in to your recovery mode to factory reset the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc