Why is my statusbar glitching?

lukerochelle

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
So last night while my phone was charging, the cable became slightly unplugged, and I'm guessing sent my phone into a fritz and an overheat mode. When I woke up this morning, my phone was extremely hot and alerted me it was in cool-down mode (It was only 40% charged but like I said, the cable was in kind of.. Now my statusbar looks like this: (Link to Google Shared Photo Album)
https://goo.gl/photos/QdPhqaw4ug4G2NH59
There are two pictures in the album. The first one, with the icons slightly off, and overlapping is only happening when I am on the homescreen.
The second picture is how it looks everywhere else.
Any thoughts as to a way to fix this? I've restarted my phone, taken the battery out, all the usual things I could think of. It doesn't seem like I fried anything since it's only acting up on the homescreen, and it still reacts normal.
Thanks!
Luke

lukerochelle

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
80f914b1787ade7290a835904a9ec8dd.jpg

0511a0495c76d7291e702db45cff3e92.jpg

Does this work? I used a laptop to post but couldn't find anyway to attach pictures.

lukerochelle

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I tried changing the launcher yesterday but that didn't do anything.. wallpaper seemed to do the trick. Never would've gone that route.
Thanks! It was starting to drive my crazy.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I tried changing the launcher yesterday but that didn't do anything.. wallpaper seemed to do the trick. Never would've gone that route.
Thanks! It was starting to drive my crazy.

Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up! It seems that the wallpaper was set with a screenshot of your home screen. If you check in your gallery there should be a screenshot with those shaded icons. I think the time is 9:43. The rest of the icons on the screen share the same position and the difference on the status bar comes from the battery percentage (100-86).

This is reason why the status bar is not affected when an app is opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non