Sync and google problems

Lea Spanninga

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG G 3
I was changing settings on my phone a few days ago to conserve my data usage as I don't have a lot of data. One of the suggestions was turning off a few auto-sync items. I did all the steps suggested to me and all was fine. Until I went to use Google Play Store. It wouldn't open. Just sat there with a blank white screen, Took me awhile to figure out it was due to me turning off auto sync features. Turned them on and I once again had google play store. But than the sync symbol was constantly on and when I checked my setting it was continually trying to sync and than would say "sync error ". I tried so many tips from this forum to fix it. I have tried force stop of all google apps and also clear cashe. I've restarted phone several times. I've tried contacts sync app. I have also tried deleting accounts to reinstall but the accounts won't delete from the phone! I click on 'remove account' but the account remains. I do not want to do a factory reset because I can't seem to back up my calendar to anything and therefore I will lose everything. I thought my calender was backing up to Google account but when I check it online none if my events or appointments are there. I am beyond frustrated. None of my Google apps will work properly with out this auto sync feature on but nothing will sync when it is on. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen on wi-fi? If this is only on mobile data, then go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on, either universally or for specific apps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt