Screen lock options "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage"

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello, people. I´m going to be as brief as possible. I want to change my lock screen to Swipe (going from Knock Code), but the options are unavailable. The text says "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". I have already tried clearing credentials (however the options to clear them isn´t greyed out), removing Phone Administrators, I don´t have any VPN and neither my phone nor my SD card is encrypted. I entered Guest account and the default option is Swipe, so I don´t think there is a problem with my phone, but rather with my setting. Any help? I´m using Android 6.0, no root.

Capture _2016-07-28-19-29-01.jpg
("None" is selected because I, on purpose, failed to enter the right pattern, selected "Forgot pattern", used my PIN and didn´t choose a new option).
Capture _2016-07-28-19-29-20.jpg
(Both encryption menus are unaltered).
Capture _2016-07-28-19-29-27.jpg
Capture _2016-07-28-19-29-38.jpg
Capture _2016-07-28-19-30-02.jpg

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Screen lock options "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage"

I unselected every single certificate under System, but it still didn´t work. I booted into Safe Mode, and didn´t work either. I´m getting mad at this.

DTTR

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen lock options "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage"

Tried clearing cache?

DTTR

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

Tried factory reset?

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site

How do I clear the cache? I used the Smart Cleaning option, but I don't know if that's the one you´re talking about. And no, I haven´t done factory reset, and if possible, I don´t want to do it.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If Clearing Credentials does not clear it up, then I am are not sure what else it could be. Is there a work email that had security override? Did you encrypt the device? Or maybe the SD card? If all of the obvious can not be found, then don't be afraid of the dreaded Factory Reset. Backup your phone (LG has a great backup program in Settings, Backup & Reset, LG Backup at top, which can backup your entire phone to an SD Card, then restored from your SD card). Or use your carriers backup solution if they have one (Verizon has their Verizon Cloud, don't know about the others).

Posted via the Android Central App

Ronald Grant

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

If Clearing Credentials does not clear it up, then I am are not sure what else it could be. Is there a work email that had security override? Did you encrypt the device? Or maybe the SD card? If all of the obvious can not be found, then don't be afraid of the dreaded Factory Reset. Backup your phone (LG has a great backup program in Settings, Backup & Reset, LG Backup at top, which can backup your entire phone to an SD Card, then restored from your SD card). Or use your carriers backup solution if they have one (Verizon has their Verizon Cloud, don't know about the others).

Posted via the Android Central App

Dear group,

I was having the same problems as the original poster and I have come across this page when searching for information on the issue.

I tried removing device administrators but that never worked.

My phone is not encrypted.

I then went through my certificates and saw that I had loads. I could not bear to delete them one by one in order to find the culprit.

I chose the option 'clear credentials' and it has eliminated the problem.

I just hope that I never cleared an important credential because I have no idea what they do.

Thanks for this thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463