Phantom Gmail notifications

jonmal

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I just updated my lg g3 to Android 6.0.
Now I'm getting a notification for an incoming email. The little envelope appears on the status bar then vanishes after a second and there is no email or anything in spam. Odd and annoying. Any ideas?
John

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Are you sure it's from the Gmail app, or could it be from the stock Email app? Have you tried clearing the cache/data from the Gmail app, then opening it again?

jonmal

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It's not the stock app as I have not put an account into it. I have cleared the cache and disabled the peeking feature but I still get the notification.

jonmal

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I should add that it happens once or twice an hour and if I happen to be looking at the time the little envelope icon appears top left for about a second then vanishes. J

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also clear the app data? You won't lose anything important, since the data will sync over from the cloud again when you open the app again.

jonmal

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have now done that and so far so good. I think part of the issue is that I have a Yahoo email account in Gmail app with its own inbox. It was empty but obviously not syncing. Today 150 messages poured in!
Next question is how to remove that email account from Gmail??
Everything I've tried has removed the account from the phone but the inbox remains...

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Open Gmail, tap on the three bars at top left. Select the drop down menu that you use to select between your different email accounts. Select Manage Accounts. This will send you to your Account Settings. Select Google, and both your accounts should appear. Select the Yahoo account. Once the Yahoo account is selected, tap the 3 dots at top right and select Remove Account. (Our go to Settings, Accounts, select Google, select your Yahoo account, 3 dots, Remove Account)....

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay