Hard reset screen not working.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is posted already. I did a search and didn't find what I am looking for.

So. I recently dropped my g3 on a hard floor and now the screen doesn't work. It flickers occasionally and sometimes half the screen goes grey with lines. The phone still works as it will ring I hear email, text etc notifications etc just nothing on the screen.

Anyway after much discussion with insurance etc I decided to just buy a new phone and sell the g3 as broken for parts to try and recoup some of what I spent on my new phone.

However I want to hard reset the phone and because the screen is broken I'm struggling. I've tried the button method but I can still hear notifications coming through after which says it hasn't reset.

Is there anyway of hard resetting via computer or other method when I can be sure it has worked? I've contacted lg but they haven't really helped.

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Google. Google your device physical reset, or button factory reset, yada yada yada. Then make note of the steps you find or print them out, then go to images with the same search. This should yield screenshots of the menus and better allow you to complete the reset. The screenshots will allow you to count vol presses to the option you want because you can see what you should be looking for. As for a way to reset or anything like that via a PC or something external, that would require root, and root would only be possible if you could view the screen to unlock the device. So IMHO it's just going to take some patience on your part, some trial and error and a drive to stick with it until you believe you have it. I will say this since you cannot view the screen and you are still getting notifications I wouldn't switch to the new device until you're confident that you've wiped the broken device. Using the notifications to verify that it isn't receiving anything to verify that it isn't still active.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
OK. I figured that might be the case. I'll keep trying until I'm happy it's done

Thanks for your advice.

Posted via the Android Central App