LG G3 acting screwy.

A

AC Question

My G3 has been acting screwy the last few days and it's came to a head today.
It started first that every once in a blue moon it would randomly restart for no obvious reason.
The last few days, it would randomly crash when trying to use maps, or FB, or the browser, and instead of restarting, it would repeatedly start to power up, then crash again several times.
Finally today, it was endlessly cycling the same crash cycle until it died.
Once I finally plugged it in and it booted up, my lock screen won't come up, even though it's enabled, by background image is gone, my home button and square button don't work, but the back button does, my drop down menu from the top of the screen (Bluetooth, data, screen rotation, etc) is gone, my phone vibrates when I get an email or FB notification or the like, but it doesn't pop up a notification anymore, and when I hold the power button, only power off and power off and restart are options, airplane mode is missing.
I have no idea WTF happened. I tried clearing the app cache and restarting to no avail.
Please help! I'm pulling my hair out over here.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It started first that every once in a blue moon it would randomly restart for no obvious reason.
The last few days, it would randomly crash when trying to use maps, or FB, or the browser, and instead of restarting, it would repeatedly start to power up, then crash again several times.
Once I finally plugged it in and it booted up, my lock screen won't come up, even though it's enabled, by background image is gone, my home button and square button don't work, but the back button does, my drop down menu from the top of the screen (Bluetooth, data, screen rotation, etc) is gone, my phone vibrates when I get an email or FB notification or the like, but it doesn't pop up a notification anymore, and when I hold the power button, only power off and power off and restart are options, airplane mode is missing.
I have no idea WTF happened. I tried clearing the app cache and restarting to no avail.

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like the phone is on its last leg. I hate to say it LG phones like the G3 and G4 just don't last very long. I have two dead LG G3's and on G4 sitting in a drawer. I sent one of the G3's to be repaired and they said it was out of warranty (obviously) and it would cost $75 to fix it. The fix was change the housing due to overheating issue. The G4 was the same issue, overheating.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! This issue does sound troubling - I'm sorry this is happening to you!

First, how long have you had your G3? Mine is already starting to glitch a bit and it's a little over ten months old. Any new apps installed recently? But based on what you're describing, I'd say your phone is on its way out.

If you contact LG customer support online, they will most likely advise for you to send it in... But the cost to fix it might as well go towards a new phone, if that were the case.

Please let us know what happens!

Dwilson95

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site

UPDATE: A factory data reset solved the problem. Of you choose to do this, make sure to back up all info you want to retain. Worked for me!

BogusPHC

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
when I type in a word a list of possible words come up I was wondering why or whats the reason words are associated with the next word? it is an issue because my girlfriend will type in a word and use only the selected words associated with the previous word and somethings come up that cause concern it seems like the word association is random but mygirlfriend feels like it specific based on previos txt msgs typed and sent.. are the words only generated from what I have typed in the past or are most English words already in there? please help ya'll we need answers so this stuff can stop causing problems between us.. . thanks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
when I type in a word a list of possible words come up I was wondering why or whats the reason words are associated with the next word? it is an issue because my girlfriend will type in a word and use only the selected words associated with the previous word and somethings come up that cause concern it seems like the word association is random but mygirlfriend feels like it specific based on previos txt msgs typed and sent.. are the words only generated from what I have typed in the past or are most English words already in there? please help ya'll we need answers so this stuff can stop causing problems between us.. . thanks

There are some responses to this question in your thread. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463