Can't boot fully. After logo only see black screen. Can't even Hard Reset.

DevP12

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I ran into this problem earlier today. I didn't drop my phone or anything, but at work today my phone wouldn't boot fully.
I tried to hard reset multiple times, but I would see only the logo but nothing would come up afterwards it would just go dark.
This happens whenever I boot regularly: I see the boot logo then screen goes dark. I haven't rooted my phone either.
Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! How old is your LG G3? And this is a recent development, yes? Have you had any luck getting it to the home screen? It could be that your phone is bootlooping, or perhaps there is some other type of software problem. Is the battery you are using the one that came with the device?

DevP12

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for responding!

Its been atleast a year for sure. Maybe two, I don't quite remember. It doesn't even let me get to the boot screen. I can get into the Download Mode but afterwhile the screen goes dark again. I am also using the stock battery that came with it.

If it were bootlooping wouldn't it continuously show the LG logo. I turned it on, won't take the battery out. If it gets hot then I guess I can safely assume its bootlooping? Or if I can charge my phone with a portable charge and see if it uses the Portable Chargers' Charge.

EDIT: I have posted on the reddit too. Got some comments it may be dead and is most likely an issue with the mobo.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, you're right. I feel like a bootloop would be more along the lines of the logo coming up.

I dislike saying this, but my G3 is also glitching on me and it'll only be a year old this week. If your phone is at least a year old - or even two - it could be that the battery is showing some wear. If you want to keep this phone running for as long as possible (ie, if you don't want to buy another device), I'd take it to your local carrier or to a cellular repair shop and ask them to have a look at it. See if you can get a quote from the repair shop on how much it would cost to fix. If it's just as simple as slapping in a new battery, then that's an easy fix. But if it's the phone itself that's showing wear, it may be expensive and it may be worth your while to get another device. Which carrier are you with?

Please keep us updated!

Oh, LG does have their own online customer service messaging system, but I feel like they'd just tell you to send your device in regardless. I would start with your carrier or repair shop first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC