Random app called Catstudio?

Thomas the Kid

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I was downloading apps to complete offers on csgo points when this random notifications popped up on my phone saying " Cat studio is a fake app " and that it was dangerous. My phone turned off and showed the update screen when it rebooted. Something called "LocationServices" cant showing up, and "Launcher Loading" Kept showing up too. When i went into my apps, catstudio was in the all tabs and i couldnt delete it. It has all permissions and i cant uninstall it. Please help. I also went into the file manager and nothing showed up when i searched its name. I factory reset my phone and its still showing up. My youtube has also been acting funny where the video will randomly pause, random apps are being downloaded onto my phone and im not sure what to do :'(

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey Thomas, welcome to the forums! Downloading random apps is not advised as you have discovered.
Not knowing what device you have, I'll be generic, turn the phone off, then boot it up in safe mode. Try deleting the app from there.
Malwarebytes or lookout are two ok anti malware apps, get them off playstore and see if they detect /delete the offending app. Try that for starters and let us know how you go...

mathsman

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey Thomas, welcome to the forums! Downloading random apps is not advised as you have discovered.
Not knowing what device you have, I'll be generic, turn the phone off, then boot it up in safe mode. Try deleting the app from there.
Malwarebytes or lookout are two ok anti malware apps, get them off playstore and see if they detect /delete the offending app. Try that for starters and let us know how you go...

Hello,
This happened my sons phone. I've followed your guide. Malware has found 3 issues but I can't uninstall them. Any advice? Cheers

mathsman

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site

Hello,
This happened my sons phone. I've followed your guide. Malware has found 3 issues but I can't uninstall them. Any advice? Cheers

Dody Kurniawan

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site

Yes, i have just experienced this ****, but it's ok for you to be calm, MALWAREBYTES is very recommended antivirus app (especially for all kind of malware types) and STUBBORN TROJAN KILLER does so, first thing that i do is ROOTING my droid (it's quite hard for me to choose root or not) then i install kingroot app 5.0, and then since you got the root access, it will automatically detects all apps (system include) that potentially harm your device, and then you can uninstall these dangerous apps that have infected (Email Service.apk Location Service.apk .Catstudio.apk Key Chain.apk Time Service) then run MALWAREBYTES or STUBBORN TROJAN KILLER to make sure none of them (infected apps) are really gone to hell

That's it! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power