Photo Albums are missing help!

JustineMarie

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
3 of my photo albums are missing from my LGG3.

I had transfed them from my SD card to gallert. All from my trip. I separated them into albums for easier upload and most are there but 3 albums are missing completely. They were not deleted or erased.

I backed up to my computer and the album titles show on my computer and sd card but are empty and apperently cpntain2 no photos. The album titles however dont show up in my gallery on my phone they are just gone

Can anyone help with this?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If there's nothing in a photo folder, then the gallery app has nothing to show you... that's why the folders don't show up in the gallery.

There's a bit of confusion going on here. The gallery is just an app that displays photos located elsewhere on the phone... it is NOT a location, so you can't transfer anything "to" the gallery. How did you supposedly "transfer" the photos from the SD card to the gallery? Did you move them, or copy them to a new folder you created while in the gallery app? If you moved them, then it's possible that during the move, the transfer messed up. The problem with "moving" is that the phone will delete the original source data when the move is completed... whether or not the move was successful. You should never move things you care about (like photos or videos) because moving messes up more than people are aware of. You should always use the "copy" function, verify the files were copied successfully to the new folder, then, and only then, delete the original files.

If like you say you transferred them from an SD card, it's possible the photos are still on the card even though you can't see them. As long as you haven't written any more data to the SD, then you might be able to recover the photos using the program Recuva on your PC. Do you have a card reader?

JustineMarie

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
The photos I had were stored to the SD card, I moved them to internal storage. So everything I had appeared in my gallery and I locked all the albums so they couldn't be deleted. they were there, I went through them several times.
the gallery shows which ones are stored on SD and which ones are stored on internal via being marked by SD card symbol.
No more data has been written on the SD card, I used it only for the trip I went on.
A card reader as in what I insert the SD card in and put in the computer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol