LG G3 SIM/SD Card malfunctioning after Verizon's 4CA update

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Evening all, I have my G3 with Verizon

I did a software update on 4/15 that has given me continued issues detecting the Verizon network. It says "No SIM card - No Service" or "NO SIM Found"

Currently running 6.0 OS

It also randomly mounts and unmounts the SD card

Both problems started after the recent update installed earlier this week. Prior to that I was able to access the network as usual. Now only when I'm on wifi, unless it randomly finds the SIM and reconnects but doesn't last long

Brought it to a corporate store and had a new SIM inserted which only helped for a short while

Anyone else having this issue? Can I reconnect to Verizon software on my PC to rollback like a Windows update if possible?

Do have insurance but would prefer not to have to get a new phone again, as it's happened in the past specifically with Verizon updates more then a general Android OS update

Thank you!

limit.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
In have the same problem. I gave up and bought a new phone. I called Verizon and they can't do roll back updates. As expected I did not get lg g6. Don't get me wrong. I loved my lg G3 until the update came.

BayK

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It is impossible to roll back updates, so you have to solve this problem.
First you can try to clean all data by deleting all dirs at /data/data. In this case you will lost all your setting for apps.
If it doesn't work or you can't delete all data, try to reset phone to factory state. In this case you will need to reinstall everything.
I think it is worth to try it. It is better then use insurance.

Also if this problem is common, Verizon will create another update to fix it quickly.

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Can't blame you after the constant frustrations. Why I got insurance if all else fails but frustrating for no other reason then simply keeping our phone for a long period

Keep an older car and it pays you back, I don't want to get a new phone and currently the OS updates isn't a good enough reason for me personally

What did you get?

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your help BayK

Can I do that through the phone itself or connect to the computer to find the folder?

I don't mind doing a factory reset as my photos are on the memory card, Drive or backed up to the cloud. Unfortunately the update itself will still be in place so I'm not optimistic but will try those suggestions first

Last edited:

limit.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
It is impossible to roll back updates, so you have to solve this problem.
First you can try to clean all data by deleting all dirs at /data/data. In this case you will lost all your setting for apps.
If it doesn't work or you can't delete all data, try to reset phone to factory state. In this case you will need to reinstall everything.
I think it is worth to try it. It is better then use insurance.

Also if this problem is common, Verizon will create another update to fix it quickly.
[url]https://android-app-promotion.com/prs.png[/URL]

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried everything already. Lucky me I was able to back up all the contents of the ad card. Card works fine with other android phones but not with the lg G3. I Cleaned the sd card and I also factory reset the phone. Still not working. I also used a smaller capacity as card. For the first few minutes it was able to detect by lg G3 after that it uncounted by itself. Called Verizon and lg. Surprisingly, Lg did not know this issue. I told them they just lost a valued customer.

eddiea

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me after the update except the issue was with the external sd card, then that same night the display started going dim sporadically then went completely blank. Needless to say I quickly connected it to my computer and was able to backup/save all of my data. I really enjoyed this phone but the durability and lifespan of the components are obviously highly questionable. I had to dig out my ancient Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (which is more than 5 years old and still works by the way) just so I could stay connected but only had to use it for one day while waiting for my new phone to arrive the next day. I seriously considered the LG G6 but chose not to buy an LG-brand phone this time - mainly because of what happened to my G3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer