The G4 Pro

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A fair number of rumors flying about this device. What do you guys think will be in this phone? The 820, like GSMArena has listed? Something different? One rumor is this one should have a stylus.

Sound off below.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A Note-type device from LG would be very welcome if they can make a product that is more affordable than those from Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
hopefully the Pro will be what the Note wasn't, and distinct from the G4 instead of just a bigger version with a pen. nothing against the Note 5, but this way they'll be two distinct android phones in that space. I'm not in the market, but I'd like to see a 6" display, 4000 mAh battery and a reasonable price tag. I'd also like to see more of a matte plastic instead of the cheaper looking gloss with aluminum trim.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a little bigger screen...maybe 5.7"-5.9"... and a larger battery. I believe keeping the microSD option and removeable battery is crucial. Thank you LG. Any other improvements would be icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hopefully the Pro will be what the Note wasn't, and distinct from the G4 instead of just a bigger version with a pen. nothing against the Note 5, but this way they'll be two distinct android phones in that space. I'm not in the market, but I'd like to see a 6" display, 4000 mAh battery and a reasonable price tag. I'd also like to see more of a matte plastic instead of the cheaper looking gloss with aluminum trim.

I totally agree. I missed out getting the note 4 and had been waiting patiently for the note 5 but was extremely disappointed with the direction Samsung has taken the note series. Now I'm stuck wanting a new phone but with nothing that interests me currently on the market

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. I missed out getting the note 4 and had been waiting patiently for the note 5 but was extremely disappointed with the direction Samsung has taken the note series. Now I'm stuck wanting a new phone but with nothing that interests me currently on the market

yeah I had planned on getting an M9 or S6 but neither blew me away. then I waited for the G4, which I like, but figured at that point I might as well wait for the Moto X. glad I did cause I love the Pure. I need two phones so I'll choose between that and the Nexus phones. If the LG Nexus comes with a reasonable sized battery I'll probably go with that and the Pure.

I might also consider grabbing the Nexus and waiting for the M9. I don't mind being patient or saving a few bucks, and the HTC rumored O2 looks intriguing.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Comp...n-SD-820-4GB-RAM-and-IP-certification_id72838

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking a larger version of the G4 with upgraded hardware and presumably some real metal in the design.

Not sure if the removable battery will be kept, but I'm pretty sure that the SD card slot will remain.

Don't think there will be a stylus unless they can either get Wacom to design one for them or design one in-house.

I think they should consider naming it the G Pro 3, because that's essentially what it is. A bigger and badder version of the flagship it is based on, like how the G Pro 2 is to the G2 and the Galaxy Note-line is to the Galaxy S-line.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's the question: if the G4 Pro has a removable battery at 3,500 mAh, would you go for it over the Huawei Nexus, with the same size battery? Optimus UI vs. Stock, removable battery vs. non-removable. For me it's a tough call, but I'd still have to take stock, for the performance.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's the question: if the G4 Pro has a removable battery at 3,500 mAh, would you go for it over the Huawei Nexus, with the same size battery? Optimus UI vs. Stock, removable battery vs. non-removable. For me it's a tough call, but I'd still have to take stock, for the performance.

not a chance, UX and battery are my top two priorities, and I'm just not a fan of LG's software. to be fair, I've never used a pen on a phone, outside of the 5 days I borrowed a friend's Note 4

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Note Replacement

I have a Note 3 and although I am satisfied with it, it will need replaced eventually. The Note 5 released without the main features I use. I hope this one is released to fill the open void. Removable battery, SD card slot, and IR blaster would at least give us an option as good as the Note 4 before the 5 released with all those features removed. I would love to be able to root it as well.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 4 I'm looking to leave the Samsung series. I hope LG pulls through with this up coming phone. I like to try something new.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If the battery is removable, I don't need it to be larger than 3,000mAH.

It would have to have expandable storage because it needs to cater to enthusiasts. This is not a phone everyone will buy. A factory unlocked bootloader is also pretty important.

5.7" would work I suppose, since that's something the industry likes to make. QHD is a must. I don't exactly need a stylus and I don't think the G Pro line was made for that. But then again, this could be a new birth to the line.

I would like to keep the thin bezels, no curve unless it's minuscule (like the G4).

Front facing speakers would be a no-brainer for this phone.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
If the battery is removable, I don't need it to be larger than 3,000mAH.

It would have to have expandable storage because it needs to cater to enthusiasts. This is not a phone everyone will buy. A factory unlocked bootloader is also pretty important.

5.7" would work I suppose, since that's something the industry likes to make. QHD is a must. I don't exactly need a stylus and I don't think the G Pro line was made for that. But then again, this could be a new birth to the line.

I would like to keep the thin bezels, no curve unless it's minuscule (like the G4).

Front facing speakers would be a no-brainer for this phone.
I wonder if it'll be better than the Note 4....

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I disagree, even removable the battery needs to be as big as possible so that ZeroLemon's triple sized battery cases are as big as possible, to maximize battery life.

There's no such thing as too big a battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37