LG G4 Speculation

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Websites have already been talking about the probable specs will be. Surprisingly, the screen is reported to have been reduced to 5.3".

I'm among those who itch for the latest and greatest. With a launch date suspected in May 2015, I'll have plenty of time to think. But the G3 has proven that it will be among the best.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First, it's nothing but speculation. Not one of the bloggers who's "reporting" on this has a clue. They're making it up, or copying it from other people who made it up.

Second. they're all copying the same mistake from each other. They're confusing a phone that doesn't exist yet (the G4), with a prototype that actually DOES exist, and was recently shown by LG:

LG's New Smartphone Display Has the World's Thinnest 0.7mm Bezel

While it's not unreasonable to guess that the G4 will use this ultra-thin bezel design, it's not guaranteed, and there's certainly no reason to assume this prototype screen is what will end up in the G4.

There's really only one thing to remember about speculation on non-existent phones: Ignore it. The Note 4 rumors were wrong the day before the phone was introduced, and pretty much everyone missed Note Edge. Boggers have to write something to get people to read their sites; otherwise no one would ever click on an ad, and the bloggers wouldn't make any money. And when one site reports something, no matter how meaningless, everyone else is going to report the same thing, so their site doesn't get left behind. It's amazing how often they literally copy the exact same article, word for word, from each other.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes....over in WP Central, a lot of Lumia 1020 users, myself included, have been hoping for a 1020 successor for a long time. It's surprising how many sites have been suggesting rumoured and projected devices for many months, most of them worthless. The bottom line is, there is no successor at present, nor anything but a vague hint from a Microsoft official about a possible successor in the future, and for the present we must be satisfied with the 1020.

Posted via Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
First, it's nothing but speculation. Not one of the bloggers who's "reporting" on this has a clue. They're making it up, or copying it from other people who made it up.

Second. they're all copying the same mistake from each other. They're confusing a phone that doesn't exist yet (the G4), with a prototype that actually DOES exist, and was recently shown by LG:

LG's New Smartphone Display Has the World's Thinnest 0.7mm Bezel

While it's not unreasonable to guess that the G4 will use this ultra-thin bezel design, it's not guaranteed, and there's certainly no reason to assume this prototype screen is what will end up in the G4.

There's really only one thing to remember about speculation on non-existent phones: Ignore it. The Note 4 rumors were wrong the day before the phone was introduced, and pretty much everyone missed Note Edge. Boggers have to write something to get people to read their sites; otherwise no one would ever click on an ad, and the bloggers wouldn't make any money. And when one site reports something, no matter how meaningless, everyone else is going to report the same thing, so their site doesn't get left behind. It's amazing how often they literally copy the exact same article, word for word, from each other.

Believe me, I agree with you. Speculation on a device with a probable release of May - July 2015 cannot have anything describing it as true. What sort of blew me away is I don't recall the amount of chatter about the G4 coming as quickly as other phones. The G3 continues to be a benchmark (as it won a comparison against the Turbo http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/11/phone-comparisons-motorola-droid-turbo-vs-lg-g3.html ) I typically can't wait two years for a new device, and rumors aside, I expect it to be a beast.

Posted via the Android Central App

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
5.5 is a good size, but it can be a little much for one handed use. If it were true, 5.3 could be the magic number.

T-Mobile G3

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
But 5.5" with the new ultra-thin bezels will make it a whopping 2mm narrower than the G3. That'll make all the difference in the world! /sarcasm. :p

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully LG does not follow the current trend of bigger is better....
The size of the new Nexus 6 simply ruins it for me.
Like I've said before, so far I have not seen anything that is worth trading "up" for.
I would still be carrying around a Note 3 if the G3 hadn't been introduced.

5.5 is a good size, but it can be a little much for one handed use. If it were true, 5.3 could be the magic number.

T-Mobile G3

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully LG does not follow the current trend of bigger is better....
The size of the new Nexus 6 simply ruins it for me.
Like I've said before, so far I have not seen anything that is worth trading "up" for.
I would still be carrying around a Note 3 if the G3 hadn't been introduced.

I agree. Stick with 5.5. I loved the way my g3 felt. Why do I have yo get a larger phone every year. Really hoping we have reached the end of growth

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the G3 is the largest phone I'll find comfortable to use. If the industry keeps moving to bigger and bigger phones, not sure what I'll do.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope the phone doesn't get any thinner. I didn't want to cover the phone up when I first got it, but I was too paranoid about breaking it, so I got the thinnest case I could find, and I'm glad I did. When I take the case off to clean the phone now, it feels too thin, and I hurry up and put the case back on.

T-Mobile G3

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
The current G3 is a monster just can't the imagine what the G4 would be like. I'm hoping they'll stick with 5.5 inch for sure they're not going smaller but bigger.

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After the news/rumors they'll releasing a Note size phablet with a s-pen, I believe they be going with a 5.3 or even smaller display for the G4. Make sense.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery life needs to be comparable or better than G2. Otherwise, I'll have to seriously consider non LG phones.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Vanir 5.0.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15