LG G4 Concept

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
G4.png

Been a long time since I tinkered around with Photoshop just for fun. Just wanted to modify the G3 a little bit here and there, but ended up going a little overboard. LG G4 concept perhaps. Lol. Anyway, this is how I would "change" the aesthetic of the G3, but of course it's purely my personal preference.

- Dual front facing stereo speakers
- Even smaller bezels if it's even possible
- No front LG logo
- Metal band surrounding the sides (think Nexus 6)
- Small slit at the bottom to remove the back
- Simplified LG logo on the back
- Removal of FCC labels, etc
- Slightly different rear buttons design
- Rear button further away from camera so less likely to smudge the camera

G42.png

That's about it I guess. Hardware wise LG has been pretty decent in most aspects in recent years, even the camera and battery capacity. So the only thing I would prefer is if they went back to the G2's screen size at 5.2" while making the bezels even smaller than they already are (fat hope, but one can dream). :p

G41.png

Software wise I'm still not a fan of LG's skin. Granted the one on the G3 is much improved over the G2, but it is still a bit too much for my taste. While Google's stock Android would be nice, but it's kinda unlikely to happen. An example of a company with a nice balance would be probably be HTC's Sense 6 UI. It has HTC's design language and flair, adding useful features to stock Android, while not going overboard.

Actually, end up it looks more like an LG Motorola Nexus mash up. heh.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nice concept. I like the smaller bezel and stereo speakers. I would upgrade to this from the G3. I also wouldn't mind a 1080P screen either.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice work. I am really excited about the Flex 2 but will want to wait and see how the G4 compares. If I can hold out long enough that is. :D

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
LG will probably start "leaking" after the Samsung and HTC phones come out to start generating buzz. No sense in doing it now with all the buzz around for the other two...on the other hand it might make one hesitate on the Sam & HTC if they see something interesting from the LG line. Interesting strategy issue.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
rumor has it the g4 will be announced in april and release in may.

If I were LG I'd release a leak of some sort this week. It would help take the shine off of the new releases and give people a pause to wait to purchase a new phone for a month or two.

jcb244

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
This Concept is awesome! The best I have seen yet. I love my G3 & I like the LG skin. I would like 2 C the same few changes I the next G4 just add in a finger print scanner in the power button.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

painnpanic

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a curved display per some Phone Arena website info. Some type of pay feature like Apple and Sammy. Everybody's got rumors, but boy I can't wait to see what they offer. Just please keep the micro SD slot.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a curved display per some Phone Arena website info. Some type of pay feature like Apple and Sammy. Everybody's got rumors, but boy I can't wait to see what they offer. Just please keep the micro SD slot.

There's also very clearly a rear firing speaker. That's just not gonna work for me.