Ok time to rumor/hype it

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the One M9 has launched...and fizzled. The Galaxy S6 has announced...and while there's some interest, there's also some cries for vengeance for dearly departed removable batteries and removable storage. Now it's up to LG, what have they got up their sleeves?

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Stole my post!
It's really time for LG to take the market by storm.
HTC have almost delivered but no OIS and a hardly revamped design (I actually like it apart from the bezels) means they've just missed the boat.
Samsung should be ashamed. Totally gone backwards on design, lack of removable battery and SD has made this a device that is as inflexible an an iPhone. Should have stuck with the note 4 design.

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, as they pointed out in the presentation, the iPhone isn't all that inflexible. :D

I'm definitely not sure about the battery size in the GS6, but the potential for their pay system to work with common mag stripe readers is interesting and potentially disruptive. And putting the speaker on the bottom is at least an improvement, though i would prefer front firing.

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I am too ready to see what LG has in store for us. The new M9 and GS6 don't seem to offer enough to upgrade from my Nexus 5. GS6 is interesting with wireless charging but the battery is too small and I love my stock android. Front facing speakers and wireless charging would make it an instant buy. Also a LED notification light wouldn't be a bad thing. :p

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I've posted this in the s6 thread:

It's matchball LG now:

Sd 810
At least QHD
Removable battery
Sd card

And boom LG is the big winner here

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've posted this in the s6 thread:

It's matchball LG now:

Sd 810
At least QHD
Removable battery
Sd card

And boom LG is the big winner here

Isn't LG working on their own ARM silicon? I heard NUCLUN was more like NOTFUN.

Remember, the LG G2 had no SD slot, and no removable battery....and also had some of the best battery life around Great device, I miss mine.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with many, the M9 was a flop, the Sammy with the SD card issue will open doors for LG. Now the big roll-out and hype is over, LG didn't even make a peep during the run-up...not a sound. Now people are going to be looking around and strategically it's the perfect time to throw out some morsels.

Come on LG...Step up!

painnpanic

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the S6 is also no longer water resistant.
Why did Sammy remove the micro-SD, removable Battery, and water resistance and call it a better phone? (More Iphone type features)
I could care less if it was plastic or metal. Not a good selling point to me. My S3 will be a G4 or the M9 depending upon the features.

The G4 does look like it may be the best featured phone available. Lets hope it keeps many of the features we
like to keep that was offered in the G3 that they didn't offer with the G2. Please don't go the Sammy way!

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
NO! Don't hype up the G4! The M9 and GS6 both where all hyped up and "failed". Can't take another disappointment. Keep the G4 on the down low. Reverse psychology!!

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
At this point I am forced to wait for a new phone, at least another month or two until Verizon will let me take one Edge phone over to a different Edge account (they said it should have happened by the end of February but now the end of March). I was set on the M9 until HTC announced that the camera didn't have OIS. I have also seen real world shots paired up against the iPhone 6 Plus and Note 4, the later two phones look better in all lighting conditions compared to the M9. The lack of OIS is evident as some of the shots came out blurry. Lowlight shots were absolutely atrocious with it as well. Again, OIS would have helped it.

The S6 (and S6 Edge) are pretty phones but that's about it. I absolutely refuse to buy a phone with a fixed capacity (so no S6, Nexus, iPhone, or Motorola) as I had to live with a phone that had a fixed capacity for 2 years. I'm not putting up with it now especially when 128GB microSDXC cards are so inexpensive and the new 200GB microSDXC card will likely be down to $150 by the end of the year (which is still cheaper than buying a phone with 128GB of built-in storage).

It's up to LG now, otherwise I'm going to have to put up with my flaky S5 until the Note 5 comes out but I don't know if I can wait that long. Honestly, all LG has to do to win me over is take the same phone, maybe up the MP count a bit to 16MP while keeping OIS and laser focus, slap a Snapdragon 810 SoC and 3GB of RAM in it (or up it to 4GB of RAM since the G3 has 3GB), keep the SD card slot, and that's it. I don't require a complete re-design or even a removable battery. Just upgraded internal specs (so it's not last-generation), a camera with OIS, and an microSD card slot.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I really hope LG hits it out of the park and teaches Samsung a much needed lesson about functionality and user friendliness.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Needs a premium body.
The plastic rim that crack is currently an epic fail.
At least a metal frame.

Leather like back or even better real leather, SD 810 or maybe even 815, SD card support and at least 2k display in the same form factor and this thing is a winner at all levels.

With Samsung, HTC blowing it the stars have aligned very nicely for LG if they keep the g3 and improve the few short comings sales will go through the roof. Last year LG already had the better phone so it's not far fetched the g4 could blow the competition away this year. It's never been so easy to beat the s line

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Would like to see a smaller version too. The G3 is at my outer limits for a phone, maybe a bit over. Probably the single biggest factor that would lure me to a S6.

Agree tho, removable battery and SD card would capture those disappointed with the S6.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll just say this as a current G3 owner but also a former G2 owner. Non removable battery and SD card slots will not be a deal breaker for me, as I missed neither in the G2 (one of my all time favorites). I'll take waterproof over the above all day. Sony can do it, LG can do it. That, an improved display and improved camera tech in a more material design friendly software package would make the G4 impossible to beat.

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
As an LG g3 owner the world is there for LG to take.

The LG g3 is a great phone and I really think the g4 only needs some small changes to be a great smartphone.

I would like to see two sizes, maybe a 5.2" and 5.8" or so.
Keep with qhd, no reason to go higher.
SD810
3gb of RAM
32GB of base storage
3000mah battery - removable
SD card slot
FRONT FACING GOOD SPEAKERS!
Continue to tone down their skin, more towards stock android so it can be as fast as possible.
Camera: I love the camera, maybe some tweaks to make it focus even faster.

Those are my hopes for the g4.

3snakes

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
According to another thread here, the CPU will be a slower 808, but it will have a removable battery and a memory slot. My biggest problem by far with my G2 is the battery. The G2 I got in Nov. 2013 was fantastic, until some overheating destroyed the battery. I got the phone replaced under warranty. That's been very good, but it's starting to overheat again, especially with the new Lollipop update from Verizon. I'm not happy that I can't change the battery (like I used to do on my Palm WebOS phones). And now Samsung is going away from the replaceable battery. For me, the replaceable battery will be a must for my next phone. I was going to move to Samsung. Now I can't.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I loved my g2, but the g3 is a great size and overall phone. I'm not sure how anyone can go back to non replaceable batteries,its just freeing to not be tethered to chargers when traveling or just around town.
Its either g4 or note 4 /note 5 for me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk