G3 to G4...Don't blow it, the door is open to conquer!

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Greetings G3 fans. As an owner of the G3 (an G2) prior, I'm just giddy at the thought of LG taking it to the top of the Android world! I believe it already is, but now in sheer numbers of sales to say to Samsung, we listen to our customers...I am in Transportation and use the G3 12 hours a day on screen with Maps, have the LG Tone + headset (highly recommend) with Nova Launcher and this combination is untouchable. With voice controls through Nova, I can conduct all of my business at 65 mph looking through my Windshield, haha! As a Verizon customer (had to, best coverage) I can wait for Lollipop cause Kit Kit kicks **** with my current setup. I will be looking for the G4 to steal my heart with only a few upgrades:
1. Front facing Speakers. I do love the sound coming out of my wife's M8.
2. Keep advancing the QHD display.
3. Who wouldn't want a faster processor????
4. Keep removable battery and SD card slot.
5. Waterproof the G4
6. 3-4 gigs of Ram
If the above happens, well, RIP Samdung!

Posted via the Android Central App

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree with that list, I also think UHD display is more than enough right now. All LG has to do is.......not screw this up and they could dominate. Samsung is handing them market share, LG just needs to take advantage of Samsung's mistakes.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. The G3 in its current form, completely satisfies my needs, and then some! I could keep this device easily in my back pocket for the next year, and not feel like I'm missing out on the newest bleeding edge technology. I like to stay informed on what's out there, cheering LG on in its development of their product. I will hold off on Lollipop for as long as I can, (I did try switching from Dalvic to Art runtime, a big nope with Verizon G3).

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Especially now that the Galaxy S6 has a sealed battery and no SD card, this is LGs chance to grab a bit more of the pie.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Make improvements to what's already there with the screen and back camera (keep 1440p but a next gen version with better colors?, keep 13mp but better lense, f1.9? ).

Upgrade the front camera to 5mp or higher wide angle.

Waterproof

Bigger battery

Material Design UI that looks/feels/animates more Lollipop and just work some of the LG extras on top of it (Quicknote, Knock) and actually an enhanced LG Health app would be nice, too.

SD810 (or comparable 64 bit chip), 3 to 4 gigs of RAM, whatever gets the G4 running lag free. (they can ditch Smart Notice too)
___

Concessions

If a bigger battery means the G4 loses the race for thinnest smartphone, I don't care. If it also means they have to seal it, then seal it. I loved the G2 and didn't miss a removable battery then either.

And that goes double if it means a sealed bat means they can waterproof it. And if waterproofing the G4 also means it won't be made out of metal or whatever, fine by me.

If front facing speakers means the screen to body ratio on the G4 suffers, then forget it. One of the best aesthetic features of the G series is the ultra thin bezels and how much it feels like you're just holding a screen. Front speakers would be nice if it can be pulled off and keep the above, but not at the cost of it.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
They have to keep the rear power/volume it's their trademark and sets them apart. Just like the thin bezel, it's a must.

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm very interested in the g4 myself since I feel Samsung messed up the s6. If they keep the SD card and the camera is pretty good that will be my next phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm very interested in the g4 myself since I feel Samsung messed up the s6. If they keep the SD card and the camera is pretty good that will be my next phone. Oh and a bigger battery. Bigger battery is always good

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The g3 is by far the best android I have ever owned. Blew away all of the galaxy s series. People thinking of getting the s6 need to wait on the g4. LG is doing fabulous things. Good for them. I know they won't disappoint 👍

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there will be a phone named the LG G4. I heard LG was working on a new type of flagship phone. All I want is a LG G3 GUI on the new TracFones. The G3 UI beats all other skins hands down. TouchWiz is even worse than iOS 8. Keep up the awesome work LG!

Last edited:

worktorest

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
They can keep the 2k display, while maybe enhancing it as there were complaints about the sharpening of text and icons. They better keep the removable battery + micro sd slot to have an edge over the s6. Camera could be improved for low light conditions, f/1.9 would be great. Also, fix the overheating issues. ;)

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I personally hate TW it is the first thing to go on my Samsung devices - phone and tablets. Nova on all my devices. I can't stand how little you can customize TW. Plus it really drags the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TurboLTE

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I read recently that the G4 may be curved... But a more subtle curve than the Flex2... If this turns out to be true then I'm in!!! I want a curved phone but I'm on VZW... Also read that LG just announced a 5.5" QHD display that improves on just about every aspect... I'll be following this phone closely in the coming weeks leading up to the April 28th announcement... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol