Is the LG G4 going to have the fingerprint scanner?

A

AC Question

lg g4 features

im praying the lg g4 has a fingerprint scanner any1 know if its goin to have???

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: lg g4 features

Looks like it will not have one.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Oh well , since I never had a fingerprint scanner yet on a phone .The LG not having one would not be a deal breaker in itself.I guess more phones will eventually be coming out with , but that's just an guess by me

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh well , since I never had a fingerprint scanner yet on a phone .The LG not having one would not be a deal breaker in itself.I guess more phones will eventually be coming out with , but that's just an guess by me

The only finger print scanner I've had any luck with has been the iPhone/iPad. They work great, but all of the Android one's I've tried really don't work that well. It's not as important to me as Qi charging is.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The only finger print scanner I've had any luck with has been the iPhone/iPad. They work great, but all of the Android one's I've tried really don't work that well. It's not as important to me as Qi charging is.
Have you tried the s6?it works just as well as the iPhone. Note 4, not so much.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

No it doesn't.

Though to be honest, I don't use the FP scanner on my Galaxy S6 for anything other than to unlock it, so to me it's not that useful. Just another lockscreen mechanic. Happy to lose that to gain the other benefits of the G4.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping for a fingerprint scanner on the G4.
I use a password on the G2 and its a hassle to enter it every time I want to unlock it, for example if I want to use the different camera apps or to look at pictures I just took, or to read a message I received.

A fingerprint scanner might work just a click, or swipe, the same button I click on in order to enter the password which takes more time.

xetaray

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
the same button I click on in order to enter the password which takes more time.

If you're talking about a fingerprint sensor under the screen, that'd be pretty neat. It could tell who is using it based on normal taps and swipes when operating it, and could have a warning message if someone else is using it, just as an example of what a screen-based fingerprint sensor could do.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
the lack of a fingerprint scanner and built in wireless charging, Is a dealbreaker.

I can deal with non removable battery(fast charging :) )
and can deal without sd card

s6 is looking likely.

G4 looks like a great phone, they are both great phone, it really only comes down to personal preference on what u want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital