will the G4's LCD screen look better or worse than the Samsung Galaxy S6 AMOLED screen?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
will the G4's LCD screen look better or worse than the Samsung Galaxy S6 AMOLED screen?

most people probably don't buy phones just based on what the screen looks like... Unfortunately, I do. :D

I know LCD and AMOLED are inherently different technologies.... :)

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
AMOLED screen is one of the major thing that got me to my note 3.

I had HTC one x, as much as its lcd screen was highly praised at the time, I just find AMOLED 's true black irresistible. The possibility of extending battery life with an AMOLED screen is also such a fun feature to explore.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
That's an old idea, AMOLED now produces more accurate color than many lcd, check displaymate.com.

Either way Quantum Dot displays are supposed to bridge the gap between LCD and Amoled displays. Amoled will never get rid of its downfalls and LCD won't either so combining their positives and leaving out some of their weaknesses is the best route.

Posted via the Android Central App

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Either way Quantum Dot displays are supposed to bridge the gap between LCD and Amoled displays. Amoled will never get rid of its downfalls and LCD won't either so combining their positives and leaving out some of their weaknesses is the best route.

when can I get a smartphone with holographic display? :)

by the way, does anybody know what kind of display is used in the current iPhone 6 Plus?
Is it just a regular IPS LCD screen?

Thanks!

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

We shall see, too many new names that don't mean a lot. Who knows, maybe LG has something up its sleeves.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
He says that OLED is the future of screen technology he doesn't say it's as of right now better in comparison. There's a difference. Either way like I said it's bridging the gap between LCD and Amoled.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
He says that OLED is the future of screen technology he doesn't say it's as of right now better in comparison. There's a difference. Either way like I said it's bridging the gap between LCD and Amoled.

OLED has one fatal flaw... at least on Samsung phones with AMOLED screens.

I've owned many Samsung phones. Since I NEVER trade or sell them,
I still have all of them dating back several years.

All of the(Fascinate S, Galaxy Nexus, S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, S5, now Note 4)
have significant screen degradation. It's probably because I keep them at 100%
brightness most of the time.(working outdoors, so no choice but to use 100%
brightness) All of the AMOLED screens eventually yellows or lose color vibrancy...
worse still... the Note 3 has severe burn-in of the notification menu that would not
go away no matter what.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally prefer LCD screens over amoled ones. Even though the S6 screen is great, love the screen on my iPhone 6, M9 personally. But that is just preference since the S6 has a great screen but not my personal favorite.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
OLED has one fatal flaw... at least on Samsung phones with AMOLED screens.

I've owned many Samsung phones. Since I NEVER trade or sell them,
I still have all of them dating back several years.

All of the(Fascinate S, Galaxy Nexus, S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, S5, now Note 4)
have significant screen degradation. It's probably because I keep them at 100%
brightness most of the time.(working outdoors, so no choice but to use 100%
brightness) All of the AMOLED screens eventually yellows or lose color vibrancy...
worse still... the Note 3 has severe burn-in of the notification menu that would not
go away no matter what.

Well that and pentile but that's Samsung's decision.

SamanthaJNash9949

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I am new to these posts (and android - recent convert from BlackBerry), so please forgive my perplexion. Why are all of these l posts about the future release of the G4? I have been using my G4 for almost a month. To be honest with you, the phone is good; however, not that great. It tends to freeze a lot, and the memory (ram) seems to get used up very quickly.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I am new to these posts (and android - recent convert from BlackBerry), so please forgive my perplexion. Why are all of these l posts about the future release of the G4? I have been using my G4 for almost a month. To be honest with you, the phone is good; however, not that great. It tends to freeze a lot, and the memory (ram) seems to get used up very quickly.

The LG G4 hasn't been released yet and they haven't even had the press event which is scheduled for April 28th.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I am now perplexed as well because you definitely don't have an LG G4.

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
LG Display have owns IPS mean In-Plane Switching panels so im sure LG and IPS Display and Quantum Dots hooked and filled sleeved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20