No Fingerprint Scanner?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
In what we have seen so far I have no idea where it would be, the on button doesn't look like it has anything? I could care less anyway.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me that thinks a fingerprint scanner is more trouble than it's worth and just adds more hype than anything else? I know a ton of people with it on their iPhones and I've seen maybe, MAYBE 1 or 2 people use it regularly.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me that thinks a fingerprint scanner is more trouble than it's worth and just adds more hype than anything else? I know a ton of people with it on their iPhones and I've seen maybe, MAYBE 1 or 2 people use it regularly.
It's pretty nice actually. Everyone I know with an iPhone 6/6+ or GS6 uses it. I use it on my Note 4, and even though it's not nearly as consistent as the two mentioned above, it's pretty convenient. If done right, I'm all for it.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Then I shall hold further judgement until using it. I just don't see people doing it so I'm not sure how much acceptance it has and I definitely don't know how much more secure it is.

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the OG Motorola Atrix with the fingerprint scanner in the back. I wasn't in love with the phone but that was the one figure I missed the most. The ease of swiping to unlock was great. Now having to type my passcode every time can be annoying.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I know on the iPhone a lot of people use it you don't really noticed because even though hate apple lol they did a great job with there fingerprint reader where it's so fast as you wake up the phone its scanning your finger at the same time my little brother is apple fanboy and has 6+ and it just plan works good and quick much better then my awesome note 4 😯

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I know on the iPhone a lot of people use it you don't really noticed because even though hate apple lol they did a great job with there fingerprint reader where it's so fast as you wake up the phone its scanning your finger at the same time my little brother is apple fanboy and has 6+ and it just plan works good and quick much better then my awesome note 4 ??????

Puncuation can be a very good thing. Just saying.

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Doesnt make any sense if there is? God knows how much they've invested on developing "Knock-Code". Its LGs trademark, I dont think they'll just throw that away by using a fingerscanner, when everyone else does it

Posted via the Android Central App

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If that's true, it makes perfect sense on the rear. I'm not going to die without it but I've found it pretty useful on the iPhone 6 and Galaxy 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Fingerprint scanners/recognition seems more gimmicky to me at this stage. Yes I know its been done a few times now by many OEMs but I see even my kids with iPhone 6's and my wife with her Note 4 using those features as toys more than anything useful..

Sort of like face recognition for lockscreens.. Cool for a few minutes then you go back to your regular p/w or pin locks :D

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Last week I was with a business friend from China who had a flagship Huawei and the fingerprint scanner was on the back. It looked nice and useful there.

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, no fingerprint scanner. Wah wah wah... Disappointed. The phone looks and sounds great but didn't wow me. Still debating with myself.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
At this point it phone upgrades aren't as significant as they used to be. I went from the Note 3 to 4 just because I could, but I didn't feel a need to, they were pretty similar. Unless something huge happens with the Note 5, I doubt I'll upgrade for another 2 years

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner isn't a deciding factor for me. Like Paul627g, I see it as a gimmick and nothing more.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fingerprint scanners/recognition seems more gimmicky to me at this stage. Yes I know its been done a few times now by many OEMs but I see even my kids with iPhone 6's and my wife with her Note 4 using those features as toys more than anything useful..

Sort of like face recognition for lockscreens.. Cool for a few minutes then you go back to your regular p/w or pin locks :D

On the note 4, I would agree. Swipe fingerprint sucks. But the s6 is touch, similar to the iPhone. Never used fingerprint scanner on my note 4 much but I am finding the s6 to work really well. I much prefer the s6 fingerprint scanner over entering a pin or password. To each his own of course. It is not really a deal breaker as I can use trusted devices, but that still requires you to swipe to unlock. With the fingerprint scanner on the s6, i just long press the home button and it unlocks the phone. Especially nice when using the phone one handed.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol