since the G4's screen glass is curved, who will be making a tempered glass screen protector for it?

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure about that? According to a Korean website, the G4's screen is curved.
(use Google to translate it... look under "panel type")

You might be right - I checked some of the early leaks with photoshop and the screen appeared flat when viewed from the side. But in the newest shots (from LG's website) there does appear to be a slight curve:
lg-g4-microsite-leak15.0.jpg

Wrong.....

Thank you for your contribution.

It has a slight curve, the screen protector will bend to fit it. They are not totally rigid.
Agreed - hopefully this will be the case.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
You might be right - I checked some of the early leaks with photoshop and the screen appeared flat when viewed from the side. But in the newest shots (from LG's website) there does appear to be a slight curve:

A few years ago, I had the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Its screen was also curved. Pain in the [rear end] when I tried to find a tempered glass screen protector that would not lift up after a few days. Finally gave up and just put a plastic screen protector on it. :)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I also had the G2 Nex but never put a screen protector on it. I put one on my G2 and the protector did flex before installing it. So I figure it would work on a curved screen but I could always be wrong. Plus they are making then thinner now.

Anyway the one I used on my G2 only lasted a couple days (edges didn't suck good) so besides a couple days I haven't used any kind in 3 years.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 172103

Thank you for your contribution.

Agreed - hopefully this will be the case.

Not a problem. Do a little research next time before hand:)

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan J

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ive just applied an Aerios glass screen protector for the G4 and it worked fine, just needed to press the center once it was positioned and it adhered.
In fact the slight curve made placement much easier then normal.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Bought and installed the IQ Shield, went on perfect.
It also has the oval cutout for the speaker not the notch that leaves the area above the speaker exposed (hate those).
No bubbles in the corners like some have experienced.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It also has the oval cutout for the speaker not the notch that leaves the area above the speaker exposed (hate those).

Where'd you get it from?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Nice! I'll look into that one when mine breaks lol

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Tech21 screen protector? They sell them at T-Mobile for an arm and a leg but apparently it "self heals". The weird thing is it doesn't say what it is made out of just something about same thing as used in bullet proof glass, but doesn't say it's glass.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got the Verizon one, didn't want to install it myself. So far it is great.

One of our mods did that I believe as well .. $19 installed I believe?

Edit - And he snipes in his post right above mine with the answer .. haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis