LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
While impressive.... be wary of any example shots from any OEM.

You have to realize that these are all done by professional photographers who have keen eyes and years of experience in getting shots perfect. A good photographer worth his salt is going to be able to take an excellent photo even with a middling camera.

That being said, I am sure the G4's shooter is going to be among the class leaders.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
While impressive.... be wary of any example shots from any OEM.

You have to realize that these are all done by professional photographers who have keen eyes and years of experience in getting shots perfect. A good photographer worth his salt is going to be able to take an excellent photo even with a middling camera.

That being said, I am sure the G4's shooter is going to be among the class leaders.

I do realize everything you have said, but if these are untouched images of this quality it is going to be the best camera in any flagship phone out IMHO.

The thing to remember is what any camera is capable of doing, not just as a point and shoot. As long as it is capable of taking good point and shoot pictures and videos then have the capability of being used by a professional photographer to do these kinds of shots will draw people who want a new camera to it. Big BIG selling point

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Kinda falls into the menu board at Mickey D's. That Big Mac looks great on the board, but you sure don't get it. :D

I'm betting the camera on this thing will be great, but a lot of factors come into play to get shots like they have posted.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Kinda falls into the menu board at Mickey D's. That Big Mac looks great on the board, but you sure don't get it. :D

I'm betting the camera on this thing will be great, but a lot of factors come into play to get shots like they have posted.

Yup... I agree. It would be fantastic though if the hype was reality.

I know there is a lot that goes into getting shots like what is shown, and I am sure there is some post processing involved too, but for me this shows that they are moving in the right direction for what the phone is capable of doing.

I am waiting to see what the point and shoot capabilities are and who/how they are going to show it with.

Right now LG is in a very unique position with this phone. They are trying to appeal to a very large segment of the smartphone buying public. They are packing in a great camera in a good looking phone and if the processor and UI is great this phone is going to be a hit with many people.

There is always tradeoffs I know, but so far out of all of the phones for this year this one shows more mass appeal than any other one out.

It may not be the thinnest, fastest, most durable phone on the market, but if it does everything well in one package and is available everywhere then it is going to be the one I know I want.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
All BS aside about the photographer being a pro and what not, it has the greatest appiture of any cell phone camera and with the laser focus its going to be the best cell phone camera available. Will it replace a professional camera? Not in the least, but it will make the pictures you take on your phone better than the rest.

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
All BS aside about the photographer being a pro and what not, it has the greatest appiture of any cell phone camera and with the laser focus its going to be the best cell phone camera available. Will it replace a professional camera? Not in the least, but it will make the pictures you take on your phone better than the rest.

Posted via the Android Central App

I certainly hope so. It won't be too long till we find out for sure.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
The only true comparison is when you compare pictures that you yourself take with another phone and the newer device. I'm still comparing my shots to those I took on my Lumia 1020 and I can tell you that this LG G3 is no 1020. Hoping the G4 ups the ante and comes closer. Shot to shot time is faster and the LG G3 is definitely faster to focus, but that's all I'm giving it. I'm wanting the G4 to close that gap.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The only true comparison is when you compare pictures that you yourself take with another phone and the newer device. I'm still comparing my shots to those I took on my Lumia 1020 and I can tell you that this LG G3 is no 1020. Hoping the G4 ups the ante and comes closer. Shot to shot time is faster and the LG G3 is definitely faster to focus, but that's all I'm giving it. I'm wanting the G4 to close that gap.

I had the 1020 here along with the 1520 and IMHO the 1020 was unbearably slow .. It's a great still camera but that is about as much as I will give it. The 1520 was much better on speed , but lacked on stills and video with low light shots... However it was excellent daylight shooting and fast with great zooming .. I don't have the g3 to base anything in, but have read some great reviews and some issues, but can say coming from my current m8 it will be a upgrade.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I had the 1020 here along with the 1520 and IMHO the 1020 was unbearably slow .. It's a great still camera but that is about as much as I will give it. The 1520 was much better on speed , but lacked on stills and video with low light shots... However it was excellent daylight shooting and fast with great zooming .. I don't have the g3 to base anything in, but have read some great reviews and some issues, but can say coming from my current m8 it will be a upgrade.

You are absolutely correct on the speed of the 1020. I have missed quite a few shots of my 7 yr old daughter playing basketball, soccer, and football. I worked for Olympus digital products for a while, so I learned to compensate by pre-composing my shots with the half press method, so this alleviated some of the issues, but it's very slow. Once I got the shot though, it really was hard to beat and still hasn't been beaten. I'm not trying to bash the G3 overall as I had a need to get an Android again due to my need to utilize Google Voice in a business capacity, but I'm really hoping for a camera improvement. I take lots of pictures with my phone and with this laser focus, I hope to take a lot more.

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am using the L1020 right now. Love the camera quality...but you guys are 1020% correct on speed. It is slooowww...

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing what this phone can do. Still amazed by the Note 4 but with the F1.8 lens and RAW capability of the G4 it's going to be hard to beat. The UI looks good along with manual controls so definitely on the shopping list. That being said though they aren't hiding the fact that he's using LR4 to process the image but time will tell once the phones out.

1020 is all but retired now that I have the Note 4 and CM1, there's no way a 1020 can compete against the 1" sensor on the CM1 but you sure do miss ois.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21