LG G4: Are you getting one?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all... Many folks love to speculate, discuss and debate about a device but we also like to see the pouring of support over those who will be picking up LG's latest flagship.

Sound off in the thread below and feel free to mention what draws you to this device.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... it certainly has my curiosity... whether it gets my attention, we'll see once it is sent into the wild.

But it would mostly be as a replacement for my wfie's G3. I'm not in the mind to replace my Nexus 6 (plus I can't jump it until August).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Depends ... is it the best device available so far this year or are 2014 devices still king?
Being a current LG G3 owner, I'm willing to give LG another go and check out their next flagship in the LG G4.. I'm starting to really like the underdog OEM's today verses Sammy & HTC.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
whether it gets my attention, we'll see once it is sent into the wild.
If they have improved over what they already have then its a winner. The G3 is a great phone and did have a few areas that could be better so I'm very interested to see the camera, battery life and display changes. I also liked the LG UI, so if they tweaked/updated it and still keep it light and not bloated up then I'll be really happy.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the metallic black G4 if battery life is better than G3. Removable battery, micro SD card, camera and improved display are the main reasons I'm interested. I've also gotten used to using back buttons with my G2.

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I will likely be getting one. Everyone has their 'must have's in a device and this one hits the three I'm looking for personally: good camera, lcd (not amoled) display, and android.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I will likely be getting one. Everyone has their 'must have's in a device and this one hits the three I'm looking for personally: good camera, lcd (not amoled) display, and android.

Interesting 2nd point. What's the pro of not being amoled?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am (unnaturally) paranoid about burn-in with amoleds. I know it is rare, and you have to somewhat abuse the display, but I'd rather not have to worry about it.
Burn in is something I haven't thought about for a long time.. But its a valid point and I'm sure still can be achieved if the conditions are right.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My android heritage: g2 and g3...so I would say I am susceptible to the g4.
The leather back and improved screen are major draws,and I'm not sure I can go back to not having the rear controls.
I have some interest in what the note 5 will be,but if its the reported near 6 inches..I am out. I don't know if the stylus is something I would use,but note users swear by it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I am..

The screen is a biggie and a great camera is too. Having a removable battery and SD card is also biggie too.. even though my m8 doesn't have one but after having to replace the phone because it died.. It became very important to me.

While I love my m8 and it's boom sound speakers and lollipop.. What is really drawing me to the G4 is the leather back and everything else. It just looks fantastic to me from the pictures of it and with the camera...

I've never had the buttons on the back before so I am a little apprehensive about this.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If they have improved over what they already have then its a winner. The G3 is a great phone and did have a few areas that could be better so I'm very interested to see the camera, battery life and display changes. I also liked the LG UI, so if they tweaked/updated it and still keep it light and not bloated up then I'll be really happy.

This. I loved the G3 and going to give the G4 a hard look. I'm digging the leather back too. I just hope it doesn't take weeks to actually release.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I am so stoked for the announcement tomorrow.

I wont be getting one immediately, I will make a decision around the Oneplus Two time to decide.

Does anyone know what time the announcement will be?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am so stoked for the announcement tomorrow.

I wont be getting one immediately, I will make a decision around the Oneplus Two time to decide.

Does anyone know what time the announcement will be?

From what I've seen, it's slated for 10am (EDT).

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to try one on, hope it won't be too large in the pocket.

Only question for me is when do you think it will be available?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to try one on, hope it won't be too large in the pocket.

Only question for me is when do you think it will be available?

The question we are all wondering. Not much longer and we will know.

Posted via the Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the G2 and G3 in my house and I'm really excited to see the G4.

LCD, camera, replaceable battery, expandable storage, optimal size, finally premium build material, love the back buttons...

I can't wait!

Posted via Android Central App