I have a G4, you have questions — ask away!

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
lg-g4.jpg

A wild LG G4 appears!

Here's the deal — T-Mobile sent me an early version of the G4. As you can see, it's one of the leather versions. It's got "pre-production" TMO software onboard, but is otherwise the same G4 Phil, Derek, Alex, and Richard saw at the NYC and London events today. We've got a ton of info for you to enjoy already from our initial hands-on and first impressions with the device, but now it's time to focus on the deeper stuff and really get to know the phone.

So lets get to it, toss me some questions and I'll do my best to answer them. I'm only three hours into the first time using the phone, but I'd love to share whatever I can with you.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
This is super important; is there an option to add a button to the navigation bar that drops the notification shade down? It was on the G3 :)

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
So lets get to it, toss me some questions and I'll do my best to answer them. I'm only three hours into the first time using the phone, but I'd love to share whatever I can with you.

you got access to a Samsung Galaxy S6? If so, can you take some comparison photos side-by-side? (both indoor and outdoor)

the sample photos that I've seen so far are fuzzy and not very impressive.(compared directly to the GS6)
Thanks!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
also... any chance you can do a drop test?

Thanks!

I hope not. I don't want the phone to break. Then he wouldn't be able to answer any other questions.

I'm also interested in side-by-side with S6 camera, but I know it's early still.

How is general use performance?

Is it UFS based storage? I'm also curious how encryption affects device performance (it didn't affect it at all on the S6 for me).

Andvarix

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
How does the leather backing feel in-hand? Is the stitching annoying while using in either landscape or portrait orientation? To me the stitching in the middle of the device seems like it would be a nuisance rather than a feature but was waiting for it to be handled before passing any judgment.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I had to return my Droid Turbo because of the cameras inability to catch motion. ALWAYS a constant blur. Was let down after they touted the specs of a powerhouse 21mp camera, so trying to not simply buy in to buzz words. Can you comment on how the camera does with subjects in motion?

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Does the curve of the screen give you some protection if you set it face-down on a surface? Meaning, could you use this phone without a bumper/slim case and not worry as much about the screen being scratched? The leather look is sharp but if I'm going to use a case anyway, what's the point?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
LG claims to have the best battery, best screen and best camera. Do you have an opinion on whether or not these claims are valid?

So far what is your favorite surprise about the device and your least favorite aspect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith