Wireless Charging?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
The hands on preview on Android Central says that there is no wireless charging, but I've seen on other sites that it does. Is the G4 going to come with wireless charging or not?

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Not out of the box. Will require quick circle folio case or third party back covers.

A quick hands-on with the LG G4's new Quick Circle Case | Android Central

That's too bad. I really like a lot of things about this phone, but was hoping for wireless charging out of the box. It's a feature of my current G2 Verizon variant that I've really come to love. Was hoping to get a G4 with one of those leather covers - once they come out - with wireless charging. Will have to wait and see what the G4 folio cover looks like. Won't necessarily be a deal breaker, but would have been the icing on the cake. This really looks like a great phone.

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is my one hesitation with the G4. My two requirements are great (not good, but great) camera and wireless charging. If it had wireless charging it would be a no brainer for me ... now I am looking at the S6. I have become so used to wireless charging on the N5 I don't want to have a phone that without it. Will have to see what the covers / cases look like for it.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You think we will be able to get stickers like the G3. They worked great for the G3

Posted via the Android Central App

I only held off on wireless charging for my G3 because I got a 2nd battery and external charger. So I never really plug in my phone, just swap the battery.

I might go full on wireless charging with a G4 however available

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
In a few pictures that I've seen of the inside of the leather backs there seem to be contacts for wireless charging. Has anyone read whether or not the leather backs will support wireless charging?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get why? My G2 came with wireless charging, but not the G3 without purchasing a back. Now I've got to purchase a back for the G4? Why?

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Could other companies make wireless charging backs for the G3? If so I hope you can just get a cheap back on amazon or something if you want wireless but not the quick circle case.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Could other companies make wireless charging backs for the G3? If so I hope you can just get a cheap back on amazon or something if you want wireless but not the quick circle case.
With the G3, all you had to do was buy a PMA (AT&T) or qi sticker (everyone else) and put that in your back plate to have wireless charging.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Is wireless charging a deal breaker?

Not for me personally. My S6 has it and I don't ever use it. I just use regular wired charge because I want the phone charged asap.

And it's not like the G4 doesn't have it, it does, you just need to buy an accessory for it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Problem with wireless charging back is that many third party cases won't fit. I prefer built in for that reason

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Problem with wireless charging back is that many third party cases won't fit. I prefer built in for that reason

With G3 we were able to buy a sticker to go in original LG back worked perfect and still fit everything. I also believe there were plenty of aftermarket backs that were original size also. Hopefully that will be the same either G4.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With G3 we were able to buy a sticker to go in original LG back worked perfect and still fit everything. I also believe there were plenty of aftermarket backs that were original size also. Hopefully that will be the same either G4.

Was the sticker an official lg accessory, or a third party?

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Was the sticker an official lg accessory, or a third party?

Third party they were around 10 bucks you stuck it right in back cover worked perfect took less than 5 minutes

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
In a few pictures that I've seen of the inside of the leather backs there seem to be contacts for wireless charging. Has anyone read whether or not the leather backs will support wireless charging?

I noticed that, too. Makes me a little hopeful.

I still don't get why? My G2 came with wireless charging, but not the G3 without purchasing a back. Now I've got to purchase a back for the G4? Why?

Only the Verizon variant of the G2 has/had wireless charging; that's what got me hooked. Was a bit of a pain at first because there were initially a limited number of G2 cases that fit the phone, but after awhile the wireless charging more than made up for the case issue.

With the G3, all you had to do was buy a PMA (AT&T) or qi sticker (everyone else) and put that in your back plate to have wireless charging.

I'd never heard of this. Having wireless charging on my G2, I never had any need to research the issue further. Will definitely look into it; thanks for the heads up.

Third party they were around 10 bucks you stuck it right in back cover worked perfect took less than 5 minutes

Does the sticker go on the outside or inside of the back cover? If on the inside, I could still get my G4 with a leather cover. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol