What color do you plan to get?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what color you are planning on getting? Personally it doesn't really matter as I will be getting a case.

Leather options :
brown
black
red
yellow
sky blue
beige

Plastic options:
grey
white
gold

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Since they are interchangeable you wont be stuck to one option. Most will be going in cases so the back doesn't even matter. Until the cheap replacements show up on eBay I wonder how much the OEM backs will cost

Moto X 2014

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Brown and black leather....I understand that each color is suppose to have a bit different texture.
They look great,and yes I like the seam

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If I get one this fall: Grey plastic (wish there was black) then probably black leather, after the pictures came out it looked waaaay better than the renders.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My top two choices are red leather followed by black leather, then white plastic would be my third choice.

If this is anything like the G3 launch last year, we were just basically teased by color options we won't have an opportunity to buy, especially if if you want wireless charging.

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My top two choices are red leather followed by black leather, then white plastic would be my third choice.

If this is anything like the G3 launch last year, we were just basically teased by color options we won't have an opportunity to buy, especially if if you want wireless charging.
I would assume the QI stickers would work in all the backs, or is there something in the leather backs that would prevent that?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love White but it doesn't work with the G series. I doubt Gold will be released up here when it launches so Grey.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Brown leather. The one they keep showing. Love it and I know it's going to age perfectly. Give it a few marks and add some dirt from carrying it, it'll be perfect.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If plastic I'd take the grey one and if leather I'd take the black but with red stitching if possible. Black leather with red stitching would be real nice! ;)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I am torn between the black and tan leather options. If widely available I'll probably get both along with a black plastic one.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I like the red leather but because of work well be getting the black leather (my 2nd favorite). would love to have more then one back I could change out when I wanted but I just don't see LG selling the larger backs by themselves. One reason is the long process to make them and 2nd would be the cost.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Given the choice, I think I'd go for the white plastic. I've never had a white phone but I see others with them and they look class. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Psyclone71

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Just a Quick Question???

Does anyone know if the back plates will be sold separate once released. I have a black leather G4 on order but would like to purchase the brown leather back plate if they are available.

Thanks in advance...

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't want any leather ones so I will go with one of the plastic options.

And probably white, since gold is too much.

My dad has a black G2 and me white, I don't like the black but grey G4 might be nice... I'll have to check pictures but I'll probably stick with white.

Also I'd be using a case of course but you still take it out from time to time, and the color is on the front too I guess (top and bottom).