Review, battery life

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Damn hoping that's a quirk with an early unit or something. If the G4 has less battery life than my current S6, then I couldn't grab it as my daily driver.

I need something that lasts longer than what I currently have. Will wait for more reviews, and hopefully this is just an anomaly.

Though people are mentioning that PhoneArena change the score from 9.2 to 9.0? Why did they do that?

At least with the G4 there will be higher capacity batteries available if stock battery isn't enough for your needs. With the S6...have an external battery pack or charger handy. Of course may require a different back so hold off on getting a case.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You guys/gals think the bad reviews over the S6/S6 edge battery have slowed down their sales?!?! Then why should it be any different for the G4?? You either allow a review to dissuade you from a purchase or get it and make that decision yourself. The choice is yours!

blazer236ix

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
From Engadget's review:

The party line about the Snapdragon 808's power consumption suggests that it doesn't need nearly as much juice as the 810 because it's running with two fewer extra processor cores. Even that IPS Quantum screen is pegged as being a straight-up power sipper compared to the screens LG used to use. So what's the deal here? During this last week of testing, the G4 stood up to my usual workload -- chatting up storms on Slack or Hangouts, listening to lengthy tomes in Audible, playing games in the bathroom and so on -- for entire workdays before it gave up the ghost. There were even a few times where, after having fallen asleep through episodes of*Daredevil, I'd wake up the next day to see my phone had only just fired up its battery saver mode. On average, that worked out to between 13 and 14 hours of pretty consistent use a day before needing a trip to a power outlet -- the Galaxy S6 twins, on the other hand, usually stuck around for closer to 12. When I put the G4 through the standard Engadget video-rundown test (looping a 720p video with screen brightness set to 50 percent), it lasted for 11 hours and two minutes, clearly beating the S6's nearly nine-hour runtime.

Posted via Android Central App