Another G4 v. S6 Camera Comparison (This guys does a lot of testing)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is an amateur test of the G4 v. S6, but the guy tests a lot
I like how he tests a lot of the modes.
Both cameras are amazing, really don't like the G4 audio though
You be the judge

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I thought the G4 did quite a bit better there. The S6 tends to oversaturate images and looks modified/almost fake, whereas the G4 looked more natural. Also seemed to have better stabilisation in the video sections.

But they're both pretty close, both with great results.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The zoom definitely favors the s6 as well as the audio reproduction but everything else goes to the g4 for sure

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
From this video and other reviews posted, seems like the camera and video differences between G4 and S6 is a wash. At least it will be one less thing to compare when deciding between these two phones.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup both are really good
No reason for me to switch to the G4 now since both pretty much the same, but man phone cameras are getting really good
The G4 had more natural colors, though I think the S6 camera launches and snaps pics faster
The S6 did look better on zoom, but the G4 had a noticeably better OIS stabilization
The Burst shot is better on the S6, but I don't really use that mode
Both look amazing in daylight

Can't go wrong with either one if your main focus in the camera!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah too bad about the Burst Shot, i use that a lot for my kids. But if it's comparable to the G3 then it shouldn't be a problem.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The audio is better on the S6.

As far as the picture test he wasn't using the right imagine size. The G4 comes with the same 16:9 standard same as the S6 but he was taking shots with the G4 in 4:3. So in fact he was taking pictures with less than the 16 MP max the G4 can use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21