LG G Flex 2 or LG G4

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I know that the G4 is not out yet and the public has not had a chance to weigh in yet... but I really want to get the LG g Flex 2 and was ready to buy until I started reading about the G4. I am not a spec junkie but still want a Flagship. I like the size of the Flex, like the removable battery of the G4.. and was wondering if people thought the user experience would be about the same and the choice would be basically Leather or Curve????

Love to hear some thoughts

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me that if the flexibility and self-healing properties of the Flex are particularly important to you, you should choose that. Those are its main selling point.
Otherwise...

Posted via the Android Central App

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
The Flex 2 received very mixed reviews. While many liked the curve, the performance was less than stellar (stuttering was the big complaint) which is likely the result of the snapdragon 810 processor which seems to suffer from thermal problems.

The G4 has been praised across the board. The 808, while slower on paper, is quite snappy in use. You'll also get a better camera and screen with the G4. If I was choosing between the two, and the price difference were not an issue, I cant think of any advantage the Flex 2 has over the G4.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
As someone who is literally looking at both of these devices on his desk at the moment I would say the G4 is far superior, would definitely be my choice of out the 2.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The first Flex, specs wise was disappointing so I never followed up don't know anything about it.

Even if the performance and specs are similar I'm sold on the Leather backs. LOL

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Pass on the G Flex 2. LG was able to consider the deficiencies of that phone, and design a flagship the right way - the G4. There are some cool and creative aspects of the Flex, but the G4 kills it in every way!

G4 is the way to go!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After the reviews regarding the Flex, I'd really look hard the the 4 when it comes out and see if you still like the Flex. It sounds like you're one of those guys that only gets a phone every few years. If that's the case, you should make sure it's the phone you want to carry for the next 2 years. I've seen a lot of reviews slamming the Flex 2's camera, which is interesting, because that's what LG phones are known for now. I have a friend that bought the original Flex, he still uses it and loves it, so I wouldn't slam it. Just take a look at both devices before making a jump.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't like flexing phones. Tried the first one and it annoyed me. Especially the creaking. Not sure if the 2 has creaking but even if not... No interest in marginally flexible

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Between the two, I'd go for the G4... The flex is too, well, flexed for my taste. I tried the first one briefly and it just feels weird to me. I'm not a fan of curved displays, not on TV's, not on phones, and even though I like the aesthetics of the S6 Edge, the glare around the edges is enough to keep me off it.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to say since the G4 is not out yet. However, as a G Flex 2 owner on AT&T, I can say I'm glad I got this phone, and I have no regrets. I haven't had any of the problems with this device that reviewers had with theirs. No overheating, no lag, however, the battery is not very impressive. I average 3.5 hours SOT at 40% brightness with about 20% battery left. As for the self healing back, it isn't that great. I wouldn't count on that working.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I know that I am premature in asking for advice on a phone that isn't out yet. but I love the idea of the Flex. I have never tried a curved phone before and am curious to see if I like it. I ordered the Flex yesterday and will give it a test run. I have the 14 days to return it and since the G4 isn't out yet. I will give it a whirl. i will let everyone know my feelings on it. I should have it in the mail today

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Or wait and see what this new LG phone is going to be. Yeah, LG said they're releasing a higher end phone in the 2nd half of this year.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I know that I am premature in asking for advice on a phone that isn't out yet. but I love the idea of the Flex. I have never tried a curved phone before and am curious to see if I like it. I ordered the Flex yesterday and will give it a test run. I have the 14 days to return it and since the G4 isn't out yet. I will give it a whirl. i will let everyone know my feelings on it. I should have it in the mail today

Definitely let us know how you like it. I'm curious if you will also have a good experience with it. Just an FYI. I disabled carrier bloatware and am using Action Launcher 3 Pro with Moonshine icon pack. Hope you enjoy your Flex 2!

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Flex1.jpgFlex2.jpg

My First impression is AMAZING. It is a beautiful phone, Feels great in the hand. I am loading all my apps and made a few calls and it seems fantastic so far. The screen is incredible and the Flex really adds to it...... Keep in mind that I have had it for about an hour.. LOL

So far so good

mikakat84

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 176691View attachment 176692

My First impression is AMAZING. It is a beautiful phone, Feels great in the hand. I am loading all my apps and made a few calls and it seems fantastic so far. The screen is incredible and the Flex really adds to it...... Keep in mind that I have had it for about an hour.. LOL

So far so good

When are you going to check your emails. Goodness