Tear Down Guide - G4 - Good news!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the screen/digitizer will be very easy to replace, like the G3! This is one reason why I love LG phones.

For my needs - this is HUGE! The most likely component of the phone to break is the screen. Easy to repair means less of a need for insurance. I think safe to assume the screen and digitizer will be reasonable cost - under USD$100.

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/lg-g4-teardown/

Edit: as maxburn pointed out the digitizer is glued to the frame, so most people will want to get the more expensive replacement kit with frame. So factor that in when considering insurance and a case/screen protector choice.

Last edited:

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't look easy at all unless you get the digitizer, screen and the entire frame. That digitizer and screen are glued to the frame it appears.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't look easy at all unless you get the digitizer, screen and the entire frame. That digitizer and screen are glued to the frame it appears.

You are correct! The digitizer is glued to the frame.
How to Replace the LG G4 Cracked Screen in 10 Minutes
So the cost right now is $200 for the glass and digitizer attached to a frame. I wouldn't recommend removing the digitizer from the frame. Too difficult for most of us.