A Great Opportunity - What do I need to know to test a carrier unlocked G4? I want to use on Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: A Great Opportunity - What do I need to know to test a carrier unlocked G4?

Thanks for finding that. My takeaway from that thread is that firing up my G4 isn't a guarantee, if I had a valid SIM.

Between LG and Verizon each saying the same thing, I'm doubtful I'll be able to activate this. When Verizon does start selling the G4, will my IMEI be invalid because it's an unlocked non-specific carrier phone? That's a big concern.

Posted via the Android Central App

Agreed and even it it could be activated (registered on the Verizon network) I doubt everything would work. Verizon is moving away from CDMA to GSM and LTE / VoLTE but apparently not fast enough.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I think you should to get an expert because you really don't have any experience.

Sure, buddy. I'll take that under advisement. Thanks for your wisdom and help on the matter....

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Verizon and Sprint being CDMA networks are going to be a HUGE hassle and waste of time for anyone wanting to swap handsets to try anything new that they haven't blessed to work on their networks. If they can't find the IMEI number in their database things are going to suck. That guys post number #13 for example.

Do yourself a favor and check into GSM prepaid with an AT&T GoPhone or a T-Mobile plan. They both have MVNOs with the same network for example on the AT&T side there is AIO and Straight Talk. You will get better quality of service with GoPhone in the long run but for one month of testing it won't matter much.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

It isn't a loaner. I own it.

Murph, with all due respect...if this device was given to you from Android Central/Mobile Nations and LG like mine was and many others....I think the appropriate thing to do is to either give it back to whom gave it to you or pay it forward by giving it to a community member here on the boards of your choosing. At least thats what I would do instead of selling it online. The choice is yours but I do hope you have our community in mind.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Murph, with all due respect...if this device was given to you from Android Central/Mobile Nations and LG like mine was and many others....I think the appropriate thing to do is to either give it back to whom gave it to you or pay it forward by giving it to a community member here on the boards of your choosing. At least thats what I would do instead of selling it online. The choice is yours but I do hope you have our community in mind.

If he tested the global version with a prepaid SIM and then sold it to fund a G4 Verizon model would that be ethical in your opinion? Just curious.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The first post you said you was chosen to demo a G4, my understanding is that this are loaner units unless you are talking about something different.

No. Demo meaning demonstration, not lease. The phone is mine.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

If he tested the global version with a prepaid SIM and then sold it to fund a G4 Verizon model would that be ethical in your opinion? Just curious.

If that is his actual intension and had he stated that, sure it is! But to sell it just for profit would not be, my honest opinion of course. He could just pay it forward.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Don't they have some sort of agreement when they get these devices? About reviewing, posting, answering questions etc...?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Don't they have some sort of agreement when they get these devices? About reviewing, posting, answering questions etc...?

Apparently it is good phone to do what he wishes?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I assuming that no one has a method to make this device work on Verizon. OP, your choices seem to be pretty clear on how to either make use of the device or get it into the hands of someone who will be able to enjoy it. I'm testing an Asus ZenFone 2 which I know won't work on Verizon, so getting a prepaid SIM for AT&T to test it out and review it, etc. If you really need a Verizon only version, there are probably going to be people in the next few weeks who could effect a trade, etc. Closing this thread as it's gone pretty far off topic and the original issue seems unsolvable.

Status
Not open for further replies.