Verizon coverage plan if I purchase at best buy?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I buy my phones outright, and use the $11 a month coverage plans through Verizon. Which have come in handy a few times, as its a quick and easy process and anything wrong they send you a new phone.

I am not a fan at all of best buy coverage plans, but getting all the free preorder stuff AND the $100 gift card seems like a great deal. Does anyone know if I continue to pay the Verizon coverage does it work if you purchase a phone elsewhere?

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can use Verizon coverage as long as you activate it within 30 days of purchase. I usually call as soon as I leave best buy to activate it

Posted via the Android Central App

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I love Verizon's plans and service...but in had to call 3 stores, with no luck, looking for the galaxy s6. Then I tried to order online with a rep, and was told they couldn't sell phones for full price anymore. I tried telephone, same. It was ridiculous. So if I can bypass all that, I'll be happy

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I love Verizon's plans and service...but in had to call 3 stores, with no luck, looking for the galaxy s6. Then I tried to order online with a rep, and was told they couldn't sell phones for full price anymore. I tried telephone, same. It was ridiculous. So if I can bypass all that, I'll be happy

Verizon told you they couldn't sell a device full price?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Yup. I tried to order via online Verizon chat, and that's what they told me. They suggested I call in, which I also did, and was told the same thing. Then I later went to the store, and although they didn't have the phone in stock, the salesgirl logged into my account and ordered it for me. It was a giant confusing pain. Still confused who was wrong or what the hell the policy is.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I tried to order via online Verizon chat, and that's what they told me. They suggested I call in, which I also did, and was told the same thing. Then I later went to the store, and although they didn't have the phone in stock, the salesgirl logged into my account and ordered it for me. It was a giant confusing pain. Still confused who was wrong or what the hell the policy is.

They normally hold back selling at full price for awhile.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it's all about money. If cell phones are like video game consoles for retailers, there is very little profit for the retailer. Probably why best buy jacks up the price if you want to buy it outright.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, if you are on a legacy plan then the deductible is $99 and the monthly premium for asurion insurance is $5.18. TEC which includes extended warranty is $8/mo

Current asurion insurance is $149 deductible and $7.18/mo.

uploadfromtaptalk1432552033144.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432552048942.jpg

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2