My First Few Days With #TryLGG4

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I too have been selected to trial the LG G4 for the next month.

I have had a good little run with it since it arrived over the past couple of days and have now after setting everything up how I want it, I will be using it on a normal day to day basis so will be able to give my feedback about the unit.

So far, my early views of it are that its a really solid phone. Coming from a HTC phone starting with the One X up to the M8, I have been used to the sense skin which I have deemed the best skin on Android. The LG skin on this phone is a close second. Its not too cluttered and every seems to work just how you want it to. Yes of course there are some little things which you want to turn off like the sounds which activate on every touch of the screen but I quickly turned that off and no more needs to be said about that. I find the shortcuts from the drop down menu handy and as i said, things just seem to be in place where you would expect them to be.

The camera is one of my fave features so far. I take photos every day for work and I am looking forward to using this phone after the bank holiday to see what i can capture. I have already made plans in my head to visit places that i normally wouldn't just to get a great picture and with a couple of work trips to Scotland upcoming, there are going to be some great shots taken. I like the selfie picture mode where if you make a fist from an open hand, it starts a count down timer which i think it really good. Making a double fist means that the camera takes 4 shots in a row like the old camera booths. The quality from the main shooter is excellent and even with my short time with this phone, I know its going to be up there in the running for best camera of the year.

The battery life is something that everyone is going to want to know about and i will now be in a position to see what the battery life is like on a day to day basis. I take a lot of photos and use social media and emails a great deal so it will be good to see how this copes with my average day. I do use GPS alot also so its often on charge in the car for this reason but I will try to see how it copes on my non driving days.

Well I will update when I get a chance and I hope that you guys enjoy my ongoing review.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You lucky %@#$&!!! ;)

I'm sure many people here will eagerly await your updates. Keep 'em coming!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Coming from the M8 to the G4. The difference between built quality must be huge! I haven't found any phone feeling as good since I left the M8. Having said all that, does it matter to you? Does the plastic affect the overall experience in any way? Does it feel as premium or maybe the question is, does it need to feel premium having all the other features packed into it?

For me plastic is kind of a deal breaker. I need to FEEL the $600 I spend in my hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I honestly thought that I would be bothered by the plastic phone but as soon as I held it, I really wasn't fussed.

Don't get me wrong, it will look and feel much better with a leather back case which I will be getting and then i think it will be on point.

The lightness of the phone is outstanding and even with the battery in, its just a nice feel in the hand.

I would honestly say have a feel and see what you think. I have evolved from One X through to M8 and i have to say, I don't feel like I'm using a lesser phone. Everyone who has held and used it has been impressed

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
That's what I love about the G series, compared to the Galaxy & Note series it felt more solid, better built.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
You must be right. I'll have to give it a try first. Although I have used the LG G3 for a while and it just felt cheap. After using phones like the M8, xperiaz2 and z3, the iPhone and the droid turbo the LG G3 looks and feel less substantial. And I think the plastic G4 must almost feel the same. It's the leather one which I'll be interested to hold.

But you're talking from experience so you must be right. There's just something about metal which makes the experience a lot different than plastic. I don't know what it is.

And I know this is stupid and totally subjective, but I absolutely hate the LG logo. Haha. But that's just me.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You must be right. I'll have to give it a try first. Although I have used the LG G3 for a while and it just felt cheap. After using phones like the M8, xperiaz2 and z3, the iPhone and the droid turbo the LG G3 looks and feel less substantial. And I think the plastic G4 must almost feel the same. It's the leather one which I'll be interested to hold.

But you're talking from experience so you must be right. There's just something about metal which makes the experience a lot different than plastic. I don't know what it is.

And I know this is stupid and totally subjective, but I absolutely hate the LG logo. Haha. But that's just me.

I love my g3. I came from Samsung and I think LG has developed a fantastic product.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I know what you are saying about the metal feel but that also does have its problems.

I found that on a hot day while driving, my M8 in its car holder would overheat massively really quickly on a sunny day to the point that I will have to put on the AC to cool it - I don't expect that to happen as much if at all with the LG.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You must be right. I'll have to give it a try first. Although I have used the LG G3 for a while and it just felt cheap... There's just something about metal which makes the experience a lot different than plastic. I don't know what it is.

Interesting how perspectives differ. I have a pre release G4 and I like the plastic since it doesn't dent and mine will live in a thin case so the metal would be wasted on me, not to mention it's very light.

I walked into the Verizon store yesterday to activate and they couldn't get over how light this phone is. It doesn't have that rock solid feel that the iPhone has but I guess it's just a non factor to me, they all feel the same in a case. The G4 is slick with the plastic back so I'm not sure how secure it would be without one, maybe the leather will feel different.

Make no mistake though, it has a very premium feel to it.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Man, you make me sad. Get out and enjoy the sunshine. A logo shouldn't bother you...it doesn't bother me. Don't be so depressing friend.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Man, you make me sad. Get out and enjoy the sunshine. A logo shouldn't bother you...it doesn't bother me. Don't be so depressing friend.

Hahahahahaha oh you are so funny! You're right I must get more sunshine. Thank you for the advice man :) you're more caring than I thought :)

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
2015-05-24 23.05.54.jpg2015-05-24 23.06.06.jpg

As posted on another thread, here is my battery stats for yesterday with screen brightness on auto with a base of 10%.

Phone was off charge from 7.30am and I used the phone for a few pictures, calls and data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane