How many here have pre-ordered How many people have pre-ordered and why?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Just curious. I have and it is the first time I have ever done this with any phone.

My reasons... I have to tell you it's 2 fold. The camera and the leather backs.

The software I'm not 100% sure of and I know AT&T will add a bunch of extra crapola to it so NBD on that just like every other phone I have had from them... So I can always root it if it's too bad, but the rest of it is what I am not sure of.

The extra battery charger and SD card are a awesome bonus and getting a $100 gift card just makes this even better...

I am a firm believer in having a SD card and a removable battery even though my current m8 the battery is not. I've had to replace it already because of the battery failing and have had removal batteries fail on other phones too...

The size isn't a concern since I've had larger phones before particularly the Lumina 1520 and 1 hand usage isn't really that bad for me...

I have looked at what is available and none has been exciting enough to make me go out and pre-order a phone before till now...

How about you?

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

RoadTripHD

May 24, 2015
Visit site
My problem is that I'm not sure the difference between pre-order and being locked in ... or marching down to the store on the release date. It is not like this thing is an iPhone in 2008, so I'm sure they will be there to pick up. So I am holding out to see what other options become available.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered the deep blue AT&T G4 from BB because I wanted the $100 gift card and prefer the deep blue over metallic gray.

I'm sure AT&T will add a bunch of bloatware, but I plan on uninstalling most of it when a root method is available. I'll also use Xposed modules to improve battery life and UI.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what T-Mobile offers, if anything, to see if it entices me enough to switch from Sprint or if I just get it from best buy and with Sprint.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had the g2 and g3...both from best buy. I didn't prep order for those,but the freebies are too enticing. I will pre order the black leather this week.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never been the type to pre-order a device but I may do that if they offer the 100 buck card for those who want to pay full price for the device.

The freebies from LG are icing on the cake though. I really want the brown leather but I'm sure Verizon will have plastic.

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any problems buying any android at launch.

iPhone on the other hand...

I would only pre-order if carriers offered something.

SHIFT_thirty two S6

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've never had any problems buying any android at launch.

iPhone on the other hand...

I would only pre-order if carriers offered something.

SHIFT_thirty two S6

Well a $100 gift card isn't nothing to sneeze at... Lol

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I preordered from best buy. My local Verizons (northeast PA) never seem to have phones in stock, even on release days and are making it exceedingly difficult to purchase phones outright as well. Rather than spend 2 days on the phone/computer finding a rep who will sell me one, I'm hoping this goes easier. Order the phone, and have it delivered day after release. The $100 gift cars doesn't hurt either!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
To those that have pre-ordered through BB - do you pay for the device now or a portion? Since I'll be doing the full price thing, not sure if I have to but will also want to price match the Verizon pricing.

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered on Sprint. Currently on AT&T, they are just getting too Damn expensive....gonna get Sprint cut you Bill in half deal, prolly means half the service too lol, but we'll see.

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
To those that have pre-ordered through BB - do you pay for the device now or a portion? Since I'll be doing the full price thing, not sure if I have to but will also want to price match the Verizon pricing.

I put down the minimum amount of $50.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I just paid the full price, $609. I can't really see Verizon being much or any cheaper. If so, since its preorder and hasn't shipped yet, the order can always be canceled up to the point of shipping, but unless Verizon offers it at $450-$500 (which is extremely unlikely to happen) the price seems reasonable and don't see myself canceling.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I want to preorder but I need to transfer and upgrade and havent figured out how to via best buy. I really want to preorder w BB but their sites not very helpful.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just paid the full price, $609. I can't really see Verizon being much or any cheaper. If so, since its preorder and hasn't shipped yet, the order can always be canceled up to the point of shipping, but unless Verizon offers it at $450-$500 (which is extremely unlikely to happen) the price seems reasonable and don't see myself canceling.

They didn't charge you tax?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many here have pre-ordered How many people have pre-ordered and why?

Not to mention I've seen too many times where Best Buy didn't have the devices on the release day. I've never had any issues going to my local Verizon store and getting the device on release day. That being said, I've been seeing more stories of Verizon refusing to sell the device outright in store. Ordering online for full price doesn't seem to be a problem though.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention I've seen too many times where Best Buy didn't have the devices on the release day. I've never had any issues going to my local Verizon store and getting the device on release day. That being said, I've been seeing more stories of Verizon refusing to sell the device outright in store. Ordering online for full price doesn't seem to be a problem though.

Yes, that price was before tax, which I'm 99% sure is the same price Verizon will charge, pre-tax, or $599 plus tax. And I've had opposite problems that you've had I guess. I tried multiple times to order online via the website, via Verizon chat, and via phone sales, and none would sell me the phone. They actually directed me to go to a store (non Verizon) to purchase it outright. And since, as I said, most of the local Verizon shops have nothing in inventory this seemed easiest.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many here have pre-ordered How many people have pre-ordered and why?

What is Best Buys Return policy? may preorder retail version of ATT