Best Buy $100 gift card for pre-orders. Is that a good way to go?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about doing the pre-order through Best Buy but they are a week behind corporate At&t anyone know why? Also do you have to be in store to get the gift card our BB is an hour away?

You can pre-order with them but you don't get the 100 dollar gift card until you pick up the device.

Posted via the Android Central App

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
My best buy didn't have a g4 out yet....bummer

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Best Buy has them Online not in stores. Online at best buy it shows release date for At&t of June 12 and at At&t website June 5 I cant get a straight answer out of anyone from best buy about release date

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy has them Online not in stores. Online at best buy it shows release date for At&t of June 12 and at At&t website June 5 I cant get a straight answer out of anyone from best buy about release date

People on the forum were saying their bb's had units out.....I wanted to see and hold before ordering.
They said they would have one out tonorrow

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
People on the forum were saying their bb's had units out.....I wanted to see and hold before ordering.

Yep I checked it out at best buy today before I preordered

Posted via Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

The local BB here has had one out for about a week now. I walked all around the cell phone area and found it on an end cap - no signs or anything.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if BB would do the 12-month lease on Sprint and would that still warrant the $100 GC? Can't really get a straight answer from in-store reps, and online only shows other purchasing contracts, not the 12-month.

My local best buy told me it would apply to the 12 month lease but Sprint told me I couldn't get a loyalty credit on a 12 month lease so I didn't really double check on the gift card.

wassct

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You can pre-order with them but you don't get the 100 dollar gift card until you pick up the device.

If you ship to your address they will email gift card. At least that's what the csr told me.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
My local best buy told me it would apply to the 12 month lease but Sprint told me I couldn't get a loyalty credit on a 12 month lease so I didn't really double check on the gift card.

I thought you can pay $15 extra and upgrade in 12 months while on a lease? Either way this is my first time doing a lease but from all the reviews, I think this phone will easily keep satisfied for 2 years.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Also with the lease option, best buy is offering a $19 a month discount till June 30th

So you pay $6 a month instead of $25 a month.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought you can pay $15 extra and upgrade in 12 months while on a lease? Either way this is my first time doing a lease but from all the reviews, I think this phone will easily keep satisfied for 2 years.

I'll be honest with you, I spent hours and hours this past week talking to 2 different Sprint stores, a Sprint rep inside a Best Buy store, Sprint chat, and 3 different CSR's on the phone and I didn't get the same answer twice to my questions about the lease program. It was very frustrating. I'm still not sure exactly which plans can get the loyalty credit with the lease, etc.

The problem with technology is that it's always changing. I know there is no way I will keep a phone for 2 years so the 2 year lease is out of the question for me.

If I could get the $19 loyalty credit on the lease from best buy on a 12 month lease, I would do it in a heart beat.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If I could get the $19 loyalty credit on the lease from best buy on a 12 month lease, I would do it in a heart beat.

You could get the $19 credit and buy out your phone after 1 year right? I have to read the literature again now, sigh.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You could get the $19 credit and buy out your phone after 1 year right? I have to read the literature again now, sigh.

Yeah, they really lock you in. No buy out. I actually called the retention department and talked to a manager about the the leases because nobody could give me the full story. As if paying off the lease and having to pay the 'own it' fee weren't enough, if you get a loyalty credit at any time during the lease, they go back and charge you for those credits if you break the lease. That makes it pretty painful. Now if I could make myself keep the phone for 2 years, leasing a great phone for basically $0 for 2 years would be a good deal. I just know how I am.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they really lock you in. No buy out. I actually called the retention department and talked to a manager about the the leases because nobody could give me the full story. As if paying off the lease and having to pay the 'own it' fee weren't enough, if you get a loyalty credit at any time during the lease, they go back and charge you for those credits if you break the lease. That makes it pretty painful. Now if I could make myself keep the phone for 2 years, leasing a great phone for basically $0 for 2 years would be a good deal. I just know how I am.

Thanks for the info! I spent the last 24hrs debating either leasing or buying outright for myself.

Outright its gonna be because I could never make it 2 years with the same phone. No way no how

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I spent the last 24hrs debating either leasing or buying outright for myself.

Outright its gonna be because I could never make it 2 years with the same phone. No way no how

Spent several days debating myself, mostly because every different person I talked to told me something different.

The other problem with the lease is it's tied to the line and not really the phone. So in 12 months I could give the phone to another person on my plan but my line is still under the lease until the 24 months is up. Which means I would either have to take out a lease or easy pay on one of my other lines out buy a new phone outright. Not sure it's worth the hassle.

evobassfish

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the $100 gift card only applies to pre orders or not? What im trying to find out is if I bought the G4 on launch day will I qualify for the gift card?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the $100 gift card only applies to pre orders or not? What im trying to find out is if I bought the G4 on launch day will I qualify for the gift card?

I was told it's only for pre order

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

The BB mobile in the mall near me had one out on the floor. Messed around with it for a little. Nice phone, still on the fence if I'll be buying one though.

evobassfish

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a local BB rep and they told me the $100 gift card was only for pre orders. I think the reps have no idea either about their own promotion after reading the terms and conditions on their website. I guess ill find out on launch day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey