LG G4 Free 100GB of Google Drive Storage for Two Years

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
ZxA5s5Dl.png

I have the H815 - so not just for US models, but I do have a US based Gmail account. Not a bad deal! Just open up Drive on your G4 to activate.

Note that you can upload an unlimited number of standard size photos for free without this offer.
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1647509?hl=en

So for photos there's real value if you go full size, or for non-photo data.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Free 100GB of free Google Drive Storage for Two Years

I ran into that when setting up my G4 as well. What happens when your 2 years are up though?!?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I ran into that when setting up my G4 as well. What happens when your 2 years are up though?!?

You will still have access to your data. You won't be able to add anything else until you remove enough to get under your quota without the offer.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

You will still have access to your data. You won't be able to add anything else until you remove enough to get under your quota without the offer.

Good to know it'll still sit there lol

Posted via the Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah this happened to me with dropbox (50gb with S3 sign up) as well. Dont depend on something you dont plan on paying for down the road. Lesson learned, lol.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah this happened to me with dropbox (50gb with S3 sign up) as well. Dont depend on something you dont plan on paying for down the road. Lesson learned, lol.

Yeah I relied on that too much with my old s3. MS OneDrive isn't bad and generous with the GB's.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Free 100GB of Google Drive Storage for Two Years

I don't like Google Drive. I skip and I'll not keep secure files on Google Drive. I'm with OneDrive.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

As for OneDrive, I have completely made the switch. You can get 1 year personal Office 365 license keys for under $30 on Amazon which comes with 1TB storage and Office Suite on a PC and 1 phone/tablet.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

As for OneDrive, I have completely made the switch. You can get 1 year personal Office 365 license keys for under $30 on Amazon which comes with 1TB storage and Office Suite on a PC and 1 phone/tablet.

But what will the Office 365 cost year 2?

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I really like one drive but here in Madrid the connection speed is really slow. I'm on a fiber optic like and my connection through one drive is about 1mb. While dropbox and Google Drive give me about 5-10, depending on their connection. Nothing beats btsync and a banana pi. All my data is synced over to my own network. I also have it so if I delete a photo from my desktop folder of the DCIM folder then it'll also be deleted off my phone (because I want it that way) this makes spring cleaning very very easy. XD. But still, one drive is a good service. ^_^

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I really like one drive but here in Madrid the connection speed is really slow. I'm on a fiber optic like and my connection through one drive is about 1mb. While dropbox and Google Drive give me about 5-10, depending on their connection. Nothing beats btsync and a banana pi. All my data is synced over to my own network. I also have it so if I delete a photo from my desktop folder of the DCIM folder then it'll also be deleted off my phone (because I want it that way) this makes spring cleaning very very easy. XD. But still, one drive is a good service. ^_^

Interesting. Very nice. I use a Pi for DSN stuff at home.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

So I've been using Google Drive for automatic backup of photos and really do not like it. It uploaded all of my album cover art - and every other jpg that it could find on my phone regardless of location or relevance.

However I'm also using to manually to select folders with jpgs on my local machine and uploading that folder. Then make a link and share only that folder. This works great!

Is there a a way to restrict auto upload from a specific folder(s) such as DCIM? If not this is a huge fail for Google and makes auto upload a nuisance..

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

So I've been using Google Drive for automatic backup of photos and really do not like it. It uploaded all of my album cover art - and every other jpg that it could find on my phone regardless of location or relevance.

However I'm also using to manually to select folders with jpgs on my local machine and uploading that folder. Then make a link and share only that folder. This works great!

Is there a a way to restrict auto upload from a specific folder(s) such as DCIM? If not this is a huge fail for Google and makes auto upload a nuisance..

This is exactly why I don't like it myself. It uploads everything I don't need it to and it annoys me when it tries to upload that ONE PIC I took on my lunch break! Maybe I'm just not using it right, I don't know.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

In the old Google+ Photos app, it would ask if I wanted to backup a folder.

It's a but more clear if you use the new, standalone Google Photos app. From the menu, choose Device Folders. At the top right of each folder, there's an auto upload button.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah it was so strange. It ended up searching through folders that were so hidden and in the Android data folder... I couldn't believe it. It wasn't even selected as a folder. It did it all on its own!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah it was so strange. It ended up searching through folders that were so hidden and in the Android data folder... I couldn't believe it. It wasn't even selected as a folder. It did it all on its own!

Exactly!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

In the old Google+ Photos app, it would ask if I wanted to backup a folder.

It's a but more clear if you use the new, standalone Google Photos app. From the menu, choose Device Folders. At the top right of each folder, there's an auto upload button.

So it's an alternative to the stock gallery app. It appears to be working as desired.
I have the auto upload set to original size. Lots of RAW shooting will fill up the 100Gb pretty fast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2