Plastic vs Leather Grip

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried both of these options, if so which one has more grip and how are they compared to the G3? I was planning on going with black leather and no case but have seen a lot of reports of the leather being slick. My G3 is the only phone I've owned that I've used a case on the whole time I have had it, it is just too slick to grip without one.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used any - yet, but the brown leather has a different finish so to speak than the black. From what I've read, the brown has a more "tacky" feeling to it, if that makes sense. I'm on Verizon and pre-ordered the metallic but have a Verus case ready until I can scarf up a leather back.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the G4 with a plastic back. I haven't had the G3 . But compared to the old S3 its not a slippery to hold notice how the design look is on the plastic back of the G4 . That's the only comparison I can give since I don't have the leather back .
1d5b2df430561d017c498a79d2636ecd.jpg

From my N6

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not worried about it being slick because I know that I can handle the phone a few times and it won't be. The natural colored leather usually isn't slick at all from all of the leather products I have owned over the years.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.