Should I Go For It?

bigbluebanana

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Should I go for it? Should I get the LG G4? It will be my phone for at least 2 years [MAYBE]. So I saw the Android M keynote and you know, I sorta want a fingerprint sensor and all, but I love this phone. I have to get it with a 2/yr contract. So I have a question aside from if I should get it or not.

Basically, here's what there is:
1) I'm using a trusty, yet underwhelming iPhone 5 Jailbroken
2) I will use AT&T's 2yr contract.
3) I want this phone a lot
4) I liked what I saw at the Android M keynote.

My questions:
1) Should I go for It?
2) Should I wait for the next Nexus (That should have fingerprint scanning)
3) With AT&Ts 2yr contract, can I start another one a year in, example, get the G4 and next year overlap the previous contract with a G4, just 200 a year? Does it work that way?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Should I go for it? Should I get the LG G4? It will be my phone for at least 2 years [MAYBE]. So I saw the Android M keynote and you know, I sorta want a fingerprint sensor and all, but I love this phone. I have to get it with a 2/yr contract. So I have a question aside from if I should get it or not.

My questions:
1) Should I go for It?
3) With AT&Ts 2yr contract, can I start another one a year in, example, get the G4 and next year overlap the previous contract with a G4, just 200 a year? Does it work that way?

For 1 and 2, if you really want the fingerprint scanner then wait, otherwise this phone is awesome all around even without it. especially since id take knock code over the scanner.

For 3, 2 years is 2 years with at&t contract. I think they'll let you upgrade at month 20 of 24 if you get the right sales rep. Might want to look into the NEXT program, you can upgrade as early as 12months in depending on how much you pay monthly.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you that the absolute best phone I ever had was the G4! And the next best is the G3. LG really is on fire - they've read my mind on what I need in a phone. But fingerprint scanner was never a feature I needed.

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have mine pre-ordered. My plan is to keep this until the new Nexus is announced. Depending on that phone I will likely sell this to help pay for the Nexus unlocked. That's what I did with the M7 to get my N5 - made out like a bandit on that one. Unfortunately I don't think I will have the same luck as Nexus phone prices may stay in the "higher" price range than before.

My advice, if you keep waiting something better will always be around the corner. From what I have read / seen, the G4 is a solid phone (better than solid) in fact. Just get it!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

My questions:
1) Should I go for It?

The fingerprint sensor on my S6 only works about half the time and even then I have to put my finger on it two or three times to get it to work. It's a nice feature, when it's working.

What are you looking for in a phone? I guess only you can answer that question. BTW, I think #3 under your heading "Basically, here's what there is" answers your question.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
No one can really decide but you and if its what you want.

You can endlessly chase "The next best thing" believe me i know (and now bankrupt) lol

All i and or we can say is that the G4 is hot damn a great device 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for the next best thing is simply that.....waiting. And waiting really sucks.
I have had less than 24 hours to play with the G4 and so far it's amazing!
I really can't think of anything else I'd rather have right now.....go get it.

larrynj

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

My questions:
1) Should I go for It?

1: Life is too short to use a boring phone
2: Great news!!! you're eligible for an upgrade
3:That answers everything right there.
4: Self justification...nice job

1) Of course you should get it you already stated 4 very good reasons. And you know you have many many more but you didn't want to type them all.
2) You shouldn't wait, within 15minutes you'll never think about a finger print scanner again.
3) On the standard 2 year no, just do the next and get another phone in a year. You deserve not to wait 2 years and you'll never have to ask yourself again should I get it. You'll simply get what you want. It's a great feeling, you'll love it.

Enjoy your new G4, let us know how it goes.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

My questions:
1) Should I go for It?

Att is going away with 2 year contracts in June or sometime this summer I believe, so if you want in on a 2 year contract get one now before they are no more.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Att is going away with 2 year contracts in June or sometime this summer I believe, so if you want in on a 2 year contract get one now before they are no more.

Take it for what it's worth but the BB rep mentioned this as well, but also said it was to go into effect June 1st.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20