Does swapping batteries frequently loosen the removable back?

scuz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
As the title says.
LG are giving a spare battery with the phone. It'll probably mean most people carry one with them and swap batteries frequently.
Does taking the back off that often affect the how well it clips back on again? Or is it not something I should be worried about.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
As the title says.
LG are giving a spare battery with the phone. It'll probably mean most people carry one with them and swap batteries frequently.
Does taking the back off that often affect the how well it clips back on again? Or is it not something I should be worried about.

I've never had any issues with this on any removable back. I use to remove my Note II back 4 or 5 times a day and more actually when flashing different roms... So I wouldn't worry about it

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't comment on the G4 directly but from past experience / devices .. I would say no. It doesn't mess with the back.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The G4 back is a little harder to take off than the G3 but shouldn't be an issue if you're careful. I've taken off the back of my G3 daily to swap batteries and never had a break issue

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
On a related note, how is the boot time on this thing when changing batteries? Can you avoid it rebooting by having it plugged in?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
On a related note, how is the boot time on this thing when changing batteries? Can you avoid it rebooting by having it plugged in?

Boot time is not as fast as the S6E which is ridiculously fast (but not slow either).

I was regular removal with the G3's back and it held up very well, so safe to assume the same will be applicable to the G4 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

Oliver Newell

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
As long as you dont keep ripping then off like i have seen sone people do, it will be fine, i prise mine off gently all the way round and never try to bend it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Taking off the back often?

I notice I've been taking the back on and off this phone quite often. I haven't had a phone with a removable back in awhile. I switch back and forth between 3 phones now so I'm constantly swapping. I'm just wondering how durable this phone is with removing the back so often? And if something starts to break would it be the back or the connectors that the back snaps into in the actual phone? I'm worried I'm going to do some permanent damage.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Taking off the back often?

I've had my LG OGP for 2 years and removed the back almost daily to change batteries. It still opens and closes just like it was brand new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12