LG G4 from Nexus 5 - Convert to "nexus" experience?

DJeremyC

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a Galaxy Nexus, and then went with the LG Google Nexus 5. I really like the nexus clean experience over any MFG skin but:
1) Don't want to wait for a Nexus phone and be disappointed with some whale of a size phone again
2) Like the specs and reviews and price of the G4
3) Itching for a new gadget

....SO

What to do in order to convert the LG G4 into the closest Nexus experience possible. And please don't say return and get a Nexus. :mad: What modifications can be done software either tweaking or by installing stuff will give me as close to a pure android experience.

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Step one would be using the Google Now Launcher (or Nova if you want to redo icons as well). That's the easiest mask.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, start with the launcher. I like running Nova with the Moonshine icon pack. You can also change the settings so that they're in list view instead of 4 separate pages.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yew, start with the launcher. I like running Nova with the Moonshine icon pack. You can also change the settings so that they're in list view instead of 4 separate pages.

That's what I use on my ZenFone 2 - Nova + Moonshine is awesome.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I love my N5, but I am going to try and upgrade tomorrow. My only big concern is stock Hotspot. I know from a previous, and totally incorrect, accusation that AT&T uses data profiling to accuse you of illegal tethering. That hasn't happened in a long time and I have lately had to use tethering on my unlimited plan a lot. Thanks satellite Internet for being only marginally better than dialup...

Posted via the Android Central App

DJeremyC

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, stock tethering is awesome. The main things I like about stock is the lockscreen and dropdown menu for settings and of course the icon sets are way better than TouchWiz, Sense or the LG UX. Think the only main both I have seen that really just bugs me is the big button layout of the settings menu from the quick settings etc...makes it looks so ten years ago.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Guess I will just have to pop sims for a while. The Hotspot is necessary, but so is the unlimited

Posted via the Android Central App

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yew, start with the launcher. I like running Nova with the Moonshine icon pack. You can also change the settings so that they're in list view instead of 4 separate pages.
+1 for Moonshine. Just discovered this icon pack and absolutely love it.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha good to know that other people like Nova+Moonshine. It really looks good, I have to admit. I pretty much run that on everything, although I'm sticking to the stock launcher right now.

I also prefer the stock lollipop lock screen and drop down settings on the notification shade. Just got the LP update to my T-Mobile Xperia Z3 and I was glad to see that they kept those features pretty close to stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power