"My Place" Grayed Out

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In location setting, I need to turn on "My Place" to use smart settings but it's grayed out on my T-Mobile G4. How do I change this?

rsl#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
On the top of the screen to the far right of "Location" is a toggle. That has to be switched to on b4 you can set GPS mode or My Place.
Roger

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL...that's kind of a "make sure it's plugged in" answer. It is turned on. I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
LOL...that's kind of a "make sure it's plugged in" answer. It is turned on. I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't.

You'll be surprised many years ago when I worked in tech support.

I had a customer saying he couldn't get his PC to boot & all he was seeing was a black screen (power was on the monitor) so I just happend to ask for the customer to look down at the wall sockets (low & behold he didn't switch on the base unit :p

Posted via the Android Central App

rsl#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Ric I can't read minds and had no idea of your knowledge level. The only way I could get the "My Place" to grey was to turn off the toggle. I'll try to remember that everyone here is an expert b4 I try to help. BTW I don't happen to see anyone else even giving it a try.
Roger

CDXX-420

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a ZTE Zmax and I was having a similar issue. I had changed my Location settings to "High" from my usual and fav of "Battery Saving". But after I was done on "High" I needed/wanted to switch back, but for some reason that I was unable to conclude why all my options where now greyed out. All I could do was On or Off my location settings. I'd been searching for a solution, especially for my device type but hadn't really found what I was looking for, at least until I happened upon this thread.

I run my device in Airplane mode to kill the data network, as I only use my device as a wifi phone, since I have no need for cellular data nor wish to be raped $. Anyway...knowing how Airplane mode can affect things in strange ways at times, no sooner I read this solution it occurred to me that this may fix my prob as well. Which is most definitely did, & for that I THANK YOU! ;)