LG G4 hairline cracks. Like the G3 ?

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys im pretty much new to this forum so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this kind of things, but i recently purchased a brand new LG G4 Leather back (black) and i put the LG G4 on a hard surface, it made a small impact, and a hairline cracks starts to comeout beside the headphone jack. i heard that the G3 had this build issue also, is this going to be another issue for the LG G4 ? just sharing.. thank you guys

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Certainly anything is possible. In the case of the G3 it appeared early on and isolated.
After the initial reports there did not appear to be an epidemic of cracked phones. I am guessing that there was an early batch that had issues.
I would say that if your G4 has cracks return it for a new one.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I think it's only fair. There are a lot of people that come on to specific phone forums and try to create a "stir" when there is none.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If there is no photographic evidence forthcoming, the Mods may delete the thread, so please respond soon OP.

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So the screen cracked after dropping it? Sounds normal lol. Do you have insurance?

Haven't heard of this being an issue specifically on the G3. I've been in that forum since launch.

Maybe I missed it?

Posted via LG H815

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So the screen cracked after dropping it? Sounds normal lol. Do you have insurance?

Haven't heard of this being an issue specifically on the G3. I've been in that forum since launch.

Maybe I missed it?

Posted via LG H815

not the screen, the bottom part beside the headphone jack

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
10ol7j8.jpg

idk if thats normal cos when i was using moto x , s5 etc. i never experienced that.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but that does not look like a crack from or around the headphone jack. It simply looks like it was dropped on the corner.
If your saying that there was absolutely no impact damage then I would see about getting a replacement.
May be a hard sell though.....

DrewRasmus

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, to me that just looks like you dropped it on the corner.... Not a hairline crack. But good luck! Let us know if they replace it.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't see a crack either, but it looks like you whacked it fairly hard. I could see a crack forming from an impact like that.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If anything scratch not a crack. The plastic around the headphone jack is completely intact.

And thanks for the photo.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I dropped my phone onto the steet coming out of the car. Yes I'm a total butterfingers. I had on one of my new thin fit spigen cases. Of course I screamed and my daughter screamed and asked if my phone broke. When I picked it up it didn't have a scratch. Neither does the case.
Imo That looks like a pretty good fall.

Sent from my VS986

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the responds.. cos i think it shouldnt be like that. as i explained, only around 5cm 'drop' and that happened. was thinking of selling this and getting a new one but nah.. ill keep it. thank you guys

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but that does not look like a crack from or around the headphone jack. It simply looks like it was dropped on the corner.
If your saying that there was absolutely no impact damage then I would see about getting a replacement.
May be a hard sell though.....

i didnt said it was from the headphone jack, it was beside, yeah i forgot to mention it came from the corner. yep, the price was dropped around 80$ i guess in my country. was thinking of selling it but not yet.. thanks for the response

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante