Can anyone confirm whether or not the T-Mobile model does, in fact, support quick charge?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Definitely has quick charge. My wife's phone was at 5% and after half an hour it was at 45% and after a total of an hour it was at 83%. Also wasn't using the phone. The green light indicating a full charge went on not long after. This was using the Tenergy Quick Charge 2.0 charger. Pretty sure it wouldn't be that fast with the stock charger.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app

Posted via the Android Central App

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe the battery in the GA is smaller capacity than the one in the LG go. So it would longer to get to say 50% on 4G than on G6, assuming both started at empty.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely has quick charge. My wife's phone was at 5% and after half an hour it was at 45% and after a total of an hour it was at 83%. Also wasn't using the phone. The green light indicating a full charge went on not long after. This was using the Tenergy Quick Charge 2.0 charger. Pretty sure it wouldn't be that fast with the stock charger.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app

Quick charge on the note 4 goes 50% in about 30 minutes. Considering that the g4 battery is smaller it should at least be able to match note 4 if not exceed. It does beat the stock charger but isn't as fast as some other devices

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

wallstrum

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
i have a CHOE quickcharger **link removed by moderator** and can confirm that it quickcharges my tmo g4. yesterday i plugged it in and it charged from ~15% to ~75% in about an hour.

wally

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone hit up LG to see what they say on twitter or Chat about the quick charge. There's no way there can be compatibility issues with 3rd party chargers isn't it built in to the snapdragon chips?

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone hit up LG to see what they say on twitter or Chat about the quick charge. There's no way there can be compatibility issues with 3rd party chargers isn't it built in to the snapdragon chips?

I hit them up twice. First time they ignored me. Second time they asked who my carrier is, but didn't reply after I told them which.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I was reading somewhere about a bug with the G4 and how it only charges fast when the screen is off. I actually noticed this when I was transferring data to the phone and the battery was low. When the screen was on it took its sweet time to charge, but once I turned the screen off it charged much faster.

Same for my note3, much faster with screen off. It will do 3% every minute. Seen it do 22% in 7 minutes before, at 1800 mah.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Platinum charger from Best Buy. Just charged from 39% to 100% in an hour and 5 minutes. Using Ampere at various times, I saw it ramping between 1800mA to 300mA and back.

Haven't really timed it on a regular charger but usually it's at least two hours.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the TMo G4 and tested it with the S6 Fast Charger.
The time it took to charge from 0 to 100% is the exact same time as it was charging with the non-quick charge cable and wall adapter that came with the G4 box.

I have seen people with QC 2.0 chargers that show the LED saying it is charging with QC 2.0, but no one ever did a straight up comparison, so I did it myself and found that it showed no difference. Maybe LG will activate it later?

I agree...it's not slow by any means, but this is charging just as fast as my Nexus 5 charges (which is pretty fast!). Nothing crazy, though. I'm using an Anker QC power brick with its included (and wayyy too short) cable on my stock AT&T G4. The charger lights up green to indicate QC instead of the normal blue, but not seeing those results.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have run tests and posted them on a similar thread on XDA. I'm on Sprint and not T-Mobile but i think we are all in the same boat. QC 2.0 doesn't really seem active.

I've hit up LG on Twitter multiple times. They just ignore it.

I have the Tenergy charger and it does show green to indicate QC. However, i ran two 70 minute tests, one with the Tenergy, one with stock charger in the box. Started under 10% both times and over 70 minutes, the Tenergy charged the phone 5% more than the stock charger.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have run tests and posted them on a similar thread on XDA. I'm on Sprint and not T-Mobile but i think we are all in the same boat. QC 2.0 doesn't really seem active.

I've hit up LG on Twitter multiple times. They just ignore it.

I have the Tenergy charger and it does show green to indicate QC. However, i ran two 70 minute tests, one with the Tenergy, one with stock charger in the box. Started under 10% both times and over 70 minutes, the Tenergy charged the phone 5% more than the stock charger.

Yup. We're all experiencing the same thing. Our QC chargers indicate it's doing QC, but the phone isn't. I wonder how long until LG implements it.