Swipe Down and Hold While Screen Off

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen this mentioned but I just noticed that while the phone screen is off, if I swipe down and hold my finger on the screen, the screen will turn on and display the time (top quarter of the screen).

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Will also show notifications if you have any. I did see this awhile back, maybe when they had the announcement but forgot about it until I did it on accident.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't get this to work on my AT&T g4. Am I missing something? I swipe down and hold my finger and nothing.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Works on the Verizon one but functionally speaking I think that it is easier to double tap the screen.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work on AT&T apparently but it is just as easy if not easier to just double tap the screen. Don't have to reach your thumb all the way to the top.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
What I like about it is that you can do a lot less "waking the screen" in order to check the time. Double tapping is great, and I use it all the time, but a) it turns the whole screen on which in bright light is a battery waster, and b) you then have to re-sleep the screen when you're done.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
What I like about it is that you can do a lot less "waking the screen" in order to check the time. Double tapping is great, and I use it all the time, but a) it turns the whole screen on which in bright light is a battery waster, and b) you then have to re-sleep the screen when you're done.

True that.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463