Is anyone else having WiFi issues?

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
I connect fine to my WiFi and the data speed is lighting quick but only for about 5 min. Then the wireless is still connected but no data is moving through it. I can turn off wifi, turn it back on and it works great.... but for only 5-10 min.

I had this same issue with my nexus 5, but not with my nexus 6 or any other device until the G4.

Anyone else?
Looks like reddit was having some of the same problems.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
None with mine, was on it for a few hours today with no issues. In fact down loaded all apps and set up most of the phone before I even put my sim card in it. Sorry.

Simon Ng

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't experience such issues but you are worried, you can always turn the feature on "switch to mobile data" automatically when no internet is detected via wireless.

GR138Legend

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been having similar trouble with the LG Nexus 4 since it updated to Lollipop 5.0. Though if I'm connected to a network other than the one I downloaded the update from I have no problem.
Having an active (and working) Bluetooth connection bypasses the issue on the original network.
...which has meant that I've played an awful lot of music through Bluetooth speakers in the last year.

Google support was unable to help me. Told me to reset the phone while talking to me on same phone.
<sigh>
Hope my experience helps a little

LG Nexus 4 running Android 5.1.1

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If possible, exchange it. Folks have been having better luck with new units fixing WiFi and heat issues

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a issue that caused me to return mine, but I don't think it is the same as yours.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If possible, exchange it. Folks have been having better luck with new units fixing WiFi and heat issues

I got an early T-Mobile H811 - the first day the corporate store had it in stock - and no problems with wifi or heat. I'm on wifi much of the time so I'd be aware or drop offs or slow connections. Maybe just lucky?

smurfercom

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My Z1s was having serious connectivity issues since Lollipop with my Tomato router. Today I got fed up and just assigned a static ip to the Z1s and problem solved. My G4 connects right up to it, it also seems to work better on my Sony head unit in my truck with App Remote.

scott.deagan

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my G4 (H815). Doesn't happen as frequently when I turn off Bluetooth (about every hour vs ever 5 minutes). I do exactly the same thing - turn off WiFi, then turn it on again. After this, everything works again (for a while).

Amy Barnicoat

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
please help me! i just got my brand new LG G4 and out of the box it has had wifi problems, it connects it shows its full or half but net works for 2 mins then stops I have tried so many things, changing my router channels which didnt work , hard reset phone, that didnt work. turn wifi off and on that didnt work. updated phone to 5.1 that didnt work. tried that app people have been saying to use to fix wifi problems but that didnt work it seemed to work for a min but then it stopped again, im not sure how to use that app anyway. can someone help me and explain what I should do? im also planning to root my phone maybe I should do that will that fix it? someone help me

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
please help me! i just got my brand new LG G4 and out of the box it has had wifi problems, it connects it shows its full or half but net works for 2 mins then stops I have tried so many things, changing my router channels which didnt work , hard reset phone, that didnt work. turn wifi off and on that didnt work. updated phone to 5.1 that didnt work. tried that app people have been saying to use to fix wifi problems but that didnt work it seemed to work for a min but then it stopped again, im not sure how to use that app anyway. can someone help me and explain what I should do? im also planning to root my phone maybe I should do that will that fix it? someone help me

Can you try a different wireless router - like at a friend's house - just to help pinpoint what is causing the problem?

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I connect fine to my WiFi and the data speed is lighting quick but only for about 5 min. Then the wireless is still connected but no data is moving through it. I can turn off wifi, turn it back on and it works great.... but for only 5-10 min.

I had this same issue with my nexus 5, but not with my nexus 6 or any other device until the G4.

Anyone else?
Looks like reddit was having some of the same problems.

I have an H815 and it constantly disconnects from any AC source. N and G are fine but it it connects than immediately drops the connection for my AC router. I am less than 10 feet from the router.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay