LG G4 Tips & Tricks

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Didn't see a thread for this yet. I enjoy going through these. Always find something I didn't know.

First tip: Sliding down and holding while the screen is off will reveal the time and notifications. Release to turn screen back off.

Posted via my Verizon LG G4

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Didn't see a thread for this yet. I enjoy going through these. Always find something I didn't know.

First tip: Sliding down and holding while the screen is off will reveal the time and notifications. Release to turn screen back off.

Posted via my Verizon LG G4

Anyone know an easier way to take a screenshot!?? The buttons in the back can be tuff if you have a case on it

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. Its stock. Try touching and holding down near the middle of the screen when its off and slowly drag your finger down.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know an easier way to take a screenshot!?? The buttons in the back can be tuff if you have a case on it

Make sure you have Quick Memo turn on in the notification bar, pull it down and hit Quick Memo. After that another bar comes down, in far left is a check mark, hit that than two options with come down, but gallery. Fatster than it sounds.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I've got the "World Phone", so I don't know if this works on the VZW or AT&T models, but we use to be able to hold the menu button on the bottom and swipe right to select screen shot on the G3. I don't have this option on my G4, but I think it's a Google Now thing, so if you have the AT&T/VZW/T-Mobile/ETC. you should have the screen shot ability.

As for the button combination, I actually find it's easier for me. Even after someone told me about holding the menu down, I still used the back buttons. Just start with the Power Button and select the volume down and hold them both for at least 1 second. The screen will not turn off unless you release the power button, so as long as you hold it, then you can select the volume down and you will not get the volume in the way. It's a 1 finger operation once you get use to it and actually pretty fast; at least I think so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana